- A broad , hands-on , Head of Risk position within dynamic organization
- SREP, experience in dealing with regulator, interest in ESG, Dutch speaking
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest financial institutions in the world.
- Responsible for the market, liquidity, and operational risk management of the bank, as well as supporting credit- and personnel risk initiatives.
- Develop initiatives to improve the risk management and reporting framework within the bank and towards its shareholder
- Pro-actively identify/qualify and quantify key risks and prepare detailed management information
- In line with the Risk Appetite Framework, support the development, testing and maintenance of a data governance framework
- Responsible for managing the risk related regulatory processes (including SREP process) and requirements and ensure timely delivery.
- Lead and/or support bank-wide risk and regulatory projects, including ESG
- Support and report to Management Board and Risk Committee of the Supervisory Board
- Identify and ensure timely compliance with regulatory (risk related) requirements
- Ensure a robust framework to manage and measure operational and outsourcing risk is in place, including information security.
- Manage the framework and process to ensure local policies & procedures are periodically reviewed by responsible managers
- Work in a EMEA-wide risk network organization and implement best practices into the bank
- Member of the Risk Committee, ALM Committee and Credit Portfolio Management Committee
- Support risk related communication with - and inspection of regulators.
- Create a solid risk awareness and support training and on-boarding of staff.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5-7 years Risk Management working experience in the financial services industry, preferably in corporate finance, or having worked for a prudential supervisor or regulator
- Expertise of financial risk management in banks (capital, liquidity, credit and market risk, stress testing, internal risk models, data management and risk reporting) and/or non-financial risk management (SREP, ORM and outsourcing risk.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of prudential banking regulation and European banking supervision
- Experience with SREP process and documentation and interest in/experience with ESG.
- Track-record in managing projects in an executive or (senior) project manager role
- Academic degree (master's degree), for example in the field of Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics or Physics, or another quantitative field
What's on Offer
- The chance to broaden your horizon and lead this Risk team to the next level, a competitive remuneration package will be offered.