- Stand-alone role within international philanthropy surrounding
- EU working permit needed, help bring this role to next level!
About Our Client
My client is a globally operating philantropic organization.
The Head of Risk, Assurance & Compliance, acting as a second LoD , is responsible for the following with a focus on non-financial risk, assurance and compliance matters:
- Risk and compliance oversight
- Coordinating role regarding assurance
- Framework development
- Policy and methodology formulation
- Performing and facilitating risk and compliance assessments
- Reporting on key non-financial risk and compliance issues, including key risk indicators
- Manage the Incident Management process and monitor the follow up of any actions
- Facilitate and host quarterly Risk & Compliance committees of the respective organizations
- Liaise with other departments on risk related matters
The Head of Risk, Assurance & Compliance acts as a coach, facilitator and constructive assessor to continuously improve the control environment and to oversee compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and processes.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the Risk, Assurance, Compliance, Business Security or Audit field
- An engaging individual who can built trust with management based on outstanding personal skills and a high level of professional expertise. The person is used to work in multi-cultural and diverse environments
- Strong communication skills on various levels of the organization
- Be pragmatic with a 'can do' mentality and innovative mindset
- Questioning mind and not afraid to put sensitive/ delicate items up for discussion
- The DNA to deliver end to end solutions, integrated processes and implementation of actions that support business needs
- Strong experience in building capability in the team and a strong track record of building technical capability across the three lines
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements around risk & control and its impact on investment and philanthropic organizations
- Strong understanding of a risk based approach to risk management and a strong knowledge of internal controls including the design and implementation of these measures.
- Knowledge of key tools applicable in risk management, i.e. Enterprise Risk Management framework, Key Risk Indicators, Risk and Control Self Assessments, Scenario Analysis
- Good knowledge of internal audit and control methodologies
- Highly developed analytical and structured problem solving skills with experience in root cause analysis
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.