- A versatile role, with both engineering and managing aspects
- The chance to develop yourself and the company
Over onze klant
Our client is a company specialised in the development, production and sale of high quality products with various catalytic coatings and electrochemical cells. They are based in Schiedam (close to Rotterdam).
They currently have 90 employees and are a customer-order driven production organisation. They are part of an international group and have a wide range of customers in very diverse markets, e.g. the international electrochemical industry and water treatment technology. They are the market leader in their specialisation in Western Europe and also have customers far beyond Europe.
As Head of Engineering your role is split into two specialities:
As an Engineer:
- Independently and timely perform work in the context of work preparation and the technical supervision of orders/projects, such as defining technical concept and production approach and organisation;
- Calculating, pre-designing and drawing up cost price budgets on the basis of design memorandum and drawings from third parties;
- Maintaining a network of suppliers and partners in order to meet product and production requirements
- Supporting the purchase and/or development of new innovative production methods
- Drawing up quotations in consultation with sales;
- Elaborating production drawings, including assessment of customer drawings;
- Preparing, entering and evaluating purchasing requests;
- Attending technical and commercial consultations and actively advising the client;
- Administrative work, including product administration;
- Acting in accordance with our code of conduct;
- Analysing actual costs vs. calculated costs
- Applying the Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Safety policy.
As a Manager:
You oversee activities in the Department to ensure that objectives are achieved while meeting required standards and quality. You are responsible for the effective and successful implementation and realisation of the tactical and operational policy and provide input at a strategic level. In addition, you ensure that the team's short and long-term services are in line with market developments and sales requirements. You are responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Leading the team members by supporting, instructing, coaching and motivating them;
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of the work, among other things by holding work meetings with the team members;
- Holds performance/development and assessment interviews and discusses career perspectives with team members;
- Identifies and analyses developments and bottlenecks in the implementation of operational policy and consults with those involved;
- Actively handles and implements the LEAN system and makes suggestions for improvement;
- Makes positive contributions to the operational management team, thus contributing to the formulation of company policy;
- Implements the tactical, operational and strategic policy of the organisation;
- Is responsible for translating the organisation's policy and strategic policy to team members;
- Coordinates administrative and executive tasks;
- Functions as point of contact within the Engineering department;
- Has a signalling, analysing and reporting role to colleagues and the OMT ( with regard to bottlenecks in the implementation of the policy and with regard to developments;
- Knows how to use competences and initiatives as a coach, is responsible for the personal development of team members and challenges them to develop themselves personally;
- You have a higher professional education (preferably mechanical engineering);
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge and network of required (innovative) production methods at suppliers;
- Experience in translating customer designs to internal and external production methods;
- Solid managerial experience in a production environment;
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN/continuous improvement.
As the Head of Engineering you will be leading a team of four colleagues, who have a wealth of experience and will be happy to help you on your way so that you feel at home within the organisation as soon as possible.
Our client currently has a 38-hour work week; you are free on Friday afternoons.
They work in a culture where internal and external service is highly valued, where in addition to hard work there is also time for humour. They celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
Last but not least, they offer an excellent salary commensurate with the importance of the position and your experience. A collective health insurance, sports discounts, fresh fruit every Wednesday and a home working scheme.