Head of Customer Service - Chemicals (Fluent Dutch)
Team of 7 professionals (minimum 2+ years management trackrecord required)
Chemical distribution - International organization with local focus
Over onze klant
Univar Solutions is a leading global chemical and ingredient distributor and provider of value added services to customers across a wide range of industries. With a vast supplier network, deep market and regulatory knowledge, world-class formulation and recipe development, unparalleled logistics know-how, and industry-leading digital tools, Univar Solutions is a committed ally to customers and suppliers, helping them anticipate, navigate, and leverage meaningful growth opportunities.
Univar Solutions Netherlands B.V. is the largest operational location of Univar in Europe with its own storage and filling capacity as well as mixing and blending installations. Univar Solutions Netherlands B.V. is an organization that, in addition to the operational and logistical activities, also provides sales and related services for the Netherlands from the Zwijndrecht location.
Univar Solutions Netherlands B.V. we are now exclusively recruiting for a:
Head of Customer Service
- Full time: 40 hours
- Location: Zwijndrecht
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As the new Head of Customer Service you are co-responsible for the entire commercial policy and process concerning the sales of chemical products in order to realize the strategic objectives of the sales department as well as the annual business plan. Your goal is to lead the organizational unit so that the objectives as formulated in the budget and strategy are achieved.
This role is a true spider-in-the-web function. While focusing on maintaining existing customer base and actively managing a team of 7fte, with your commercial insight you identify and pro-actively pursue some commercial opportunities and possibilities in the business. You are not only a team lead, you are a true team manager and your role is to professionalize and help your team develop further commercially.
Next to that you are responsible for:
- Running the Customer Service department and ensuring that all (work) processes run smoothly
- Achieving the annual objectives for the department and making continuous improvements where possible
- Fast handling of complaints; ensuring that the number of back orders, insofar as they are attributable to the department, remains within the agreed objectives
- Mediating in conflicts between the customer and the internal organization, with the ultimate goal of customer satisfaction
- Being operationally responsible for conducting customer satisfaction surveys
- Adequate and rapid order entry and follow-up; providing optimal support for the sales team
- Ensuring that all information is correctly displayed in the ERP system
- Stimulating efficient collaboration within the Supply Chain
- Realization of QHSE objectives
You report directly to the Sales and Commercial Manager.
- Minimum of Bachelor's level degree (HBO) in direction sales/economics/business
- Minimum of 5 years relevant customer service experience + minimum 2 years in direct reports management role
- Knowledge of Navision, MS Office, CRM systems (SAP is a plus)
- Knowledge of commercial and logistics processes, making offers, quotations
- Fluency both in Dutch and English
- You are proactive, result and solutions oriented commercial professional and you have a strong customer-focus. You are a team player with highly developed social skills
Univar offers market-conform primary and secondary benefits. Next to that, from location Zwijndrecht you will be a part of an enthusiastic team and get the chance to have a dynamic role which offers growth and development.