Head of Credit Risk Management - Digital Bank
Hands-on role in which you get to build up/design all elements of Credit Risk
Lean and mean newly constructed digital SME bank
Over onze klant
An international bank.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
You will be ultimately responsible for building and managing the credit policy for targeting, underwriting and life cycle management of loans issued through a variety of originators. Our focus is on digital lending and delivering breakthrough customer experience with minimum time to apply and time to yes. Among other things, this means an extreme automation of credit risk management processes. You will spend a significant part of your time managing technology/data vendors and directing our data scientists in developing and fine-tuning decision-making algorithms and risk monitoring analytics. You may need to perform due diligence on third-party originators (and their SME portfolios), make individual lending decisions on larger tickets (that includes analyzing and verifying financial and non-financial information to determine the creditworthiness and evaluating fraud risks), deal with alerts generated by monitoring algorythms, lead initiatives for preventive and reactive actions towards any micro and macro factors impacting portfolio credit performance as well as coaching junior team members whom you will manage.
● Ensure controllable default rate
● Achieve effective control of underwriting procedure and score cutoffs
● Effective portfolio analysis and management through the economic cycle
● No risk appetite statement breaches
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in financial services as an SME underwriter and SME credit risk manager for the NL market (preferably also UK experience) out of which at least 2 years in the Head-of role.
- Good knowledge of the whole spectrum of SME lending solutions and associated credit risks. A bachelor/master degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics or other related numerical subject.
- A sound understanding of financial ratios, credit reporting agency data, and experience in analyzing financial statements.
- Experience developing credit risk policies and underwriting procedures within NL market
- A solid grasp of NL credit bureau data and ancillary sources.
- Extensive credit scoring experience, helping building scorecards for the NL market in a banking or a lending startup environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent Excel skills.
- A strong work ethic with great attention to detail.
- A team player with an ability to work independently while contributing to the success of our team at the same time.
- Strong English and Dutch language skills (mandatory).
- Preferably SME lending startup experience
- Preferably modelling experience
- The chance to set up the Credit Risk function from scratch. A competitive remuneration package is offered.