Head of Core Compliance
Provide risk management and oversight function for core compliance
The Head of Core Compliance will lead the Core Compliance Team
About Our Client
An international bank
- Oversee the Core Compliance Program for MBE and its branches ensuring staff is executing appropriately.
- Implement and manage Core Compliance policies and procedures that ensure the organization is in full adherence with all relevant global and local rules and regulations.
- Compliance Leadership: design and implement, within the wider risk framework, structures and processes that integrate the principles of effective compliance into daily operations, encourage behavioural change and drive good governance across MBE.
- Evaluate the current status of compliance activities within MBE through the completion of periodic heat map meetings with compliance specialists, as well as attendance at relevant committee meetings (e.g. New Product Committee) and take appropriate action.
- Global collaboration: work in partnership with risk and compliance specialists across the region and globally to share best practice, provide support and develop effective compliance policies and methodology appropriate to the Bank.
- Communicate non-conformance issues to all relevant parties in order that appropriate and timely remedial action is taken providing guidance and support as necessary, also ensuring that such issues are reported in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Provide/organise specialist advice and guidance to the MBE business areas and branches in line with the agreed business objectives to meet all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements in relation to Compliance.
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice as it affects MBE and submit recommendations for action and assisting in implementation thereof (policies and procedures, banking facilities and documentation produced by the Divisions and ensure such changes are taken into account as new documentation and legal forms are prepared).
- Ensure at all times that documentation is accurate, free from error, meets the customer's best interest and Bank's duty of care, complies with relevant law and regulations, and fully protects the Bank and that any risks are identified for authorisation. Ensure transactions documented are operationally viable and customer indebtedness/security is legally recoverable.
- Promote staff awareness, understanding of and commitment to Compliance matters and provide appropriate training for MBE staff.
- As and when required undertake small projects and/or provide specialist input into wider business projects and initiatives, facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls and recommending proportional cost effective solutions.
- Contribute to the Compliance Division team's workload.
The Successful Applicant
- Good knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Experience in working from/leading a group Compliance (or related) function.
- Experience in dealing with DNB communication and investigations.
- Comprehensive understanding of Group/MBE's overall strategy and goals, structures policies and culture together with a detailed knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and key strategies in own business unit.
- Able to formulate own business area plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements.
- Pro-actively develops and maintains relationships with a wide range of keys contacts in all areas of MUFG. The Head of Core Compliance keeps his/her knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading bulletins regarding the area and by external or internal education.
- Up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and economic/political factors which may impact MBE's business and overall aims.
- Maintains close contact with external organisations/professionals for exchange of information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- High level of personal independence
- Complex problem solving skills
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- Delegation skills
Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
What's on Offer