- Great opportunity to work for a successful FinTech in Payments
- Opportunity to participate in the building of a new and innovative company
Over onze klant
Crown Agents Bank (CAB), a fully regulated UK bank, is looking to establish a European payment entity with a view
to extending its reach to prospective clients across the European Union (EU). CAB is an establishing and growing
wholesale international payments and FX provider serving primarily International Development Organisations (IDO),
FinTech/Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Banks, and Corporates.
The main responsibilities of the role holder will initially be to:
− Ensuring the proper implementation of CABIM group standards and policy on Compliance and Financial Crime Risk locally
− Reporting any exceptions and deviation from standards through to the CABIM CRO and MLRO based in London.
− Focused approach on implementing Group policy, ERMF and RATS and ensuring that local entity governance and reporting meets group standards.
− Identifying and understanding local regulatory requirements and ensuring they are properly implemented in the local entity.
− Advise Senior Management, the Board and first line on local regulatory obligations and expectations
− Test and monitor the local entity's compliance, and report your assessment to the Senior Management Board with recommendations
− Build up local compliance systems and processes in line with local regulations and CABIM standards compliance standards would be expected to include local entity's written procedures, resource and assurance plans, training arrangements and the oversight of effective controls and IT systems designed to mitigate risk.
− Liaise with the local regulator and ensure that reporting and notification obligations are fulfilled
− Horizon scanning and regulatory developments
− Act as DPO in the Netherlands entity.
Degree level, with relevant professional qualifications
- You will need previous experience as a Head of Compliance MLRO or as a Deputy MLRO (DMLRO) in a payments business. You will also require the following:
- Gravitas to operate at a senior level reporting to the Board and with regulators as required
- In-depth knowledge of payments regulatory framework and relevant financial crime obligations
- Experience establishing and implementing a compliance framework that is becoming authorised as a payment institution or similar
- Collaborative and flexible working style with positive communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in compliance and financial crime prevention
- Knowledge of DPO role and data protection practice.
- Strong and extensive experience in interpreting relevant regulations
- Interest in new technologies and process automation
- Solid experience in building a risk-based approach
- Established relationship with regulators and banks
- Excellent interpersonal skills