- Working for a market leader
- Possibility to grow within organization
Over onze klant
Our client is The Vegetables Producers - the biggest one on Polish market. The company has many years of agro-technical experience, and through cooperation with scientific centres, it constantly develops its know-how in the production of vegetables.
- Overall responsibility for the cultivation of iceberg lettuce, Endive, Radicchio and other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach) within the Group (total cultivation area approx. 1.000 ha) in accordance with the highest quality standards.
- Supporting local growers/suppliers in different geographical with agro-advisory, and problem solving
- Plan and coordinate all agronomical and agri-technical activities during and outside of the season (harrowing, fertilizing, irrigation and supervision of irrigation systems, planting and sowing, preparing the fields for winter period).
- Be responsible for the selection of machines (tractors and cultivating machines). Collect offers and propose new investments regarding the machinery park to the Management Board.
- Supervise the GPS computer monitoring system: control soil sampling, soil quality and efficiency of irrigation systems (T-TAPE and conventional sprinklers).
- Development of new crops, agriculture and fertilization/watering strategy
- Solving problems and guide new trends in farming and soil cultivation and horticulture, and greenhouses.
- As the Head of Agronomical Department you closely cooperate with and report directly to the Managing Director.
- At least 5 years of managing experience in the agricultural production environment. International experience is very welcome.
- Higher education (Agriculture, Horticulture or related).
- Practical and in-depth agronomical knowledge in the cultivation of iceberg lettuce and/or other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach, arugula).
- Knowledge and interest in modern and innovative growing methods.
- Fluent in Polish and/or English.
- Experience in assessing/determining KPI's.
- Natural leadership potential and highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and assertive.
- Positive and proactive approach, dynamic and full of energy.
- Focused on achieving goals, driven by business development.
- Permanent contract of employment (after probation period)
- Professional development in the ultrafresh products sector
- Interesting and multi-faceted challenges in the agro sector
- Working as part of a team of specialists who together can provide guidance
- Benefits: medical care, life insurance, co-financing of the MultiSport card, learning foreign languages