Group Internal Auditor
International role within Internal Audit
Possible to complete your RA study
About Our Client
One of the world's top 5 international building materials groups with an impressive track record of sustained performance and growth. Operations in 35 countries and employment of approximately 87.000 people at more than 3.800 locations.
Participation in Audit Work
- Individually, or working as part of a small team, carry out multi-scope reviews of, and SOX work on, operational and financial risk management and control at the organization and its worldwide subsidiaries;
- Co-ordinate communication and activities with internal audit teams in other countries;
- Devise practical solutions, and offer advice and guidance to issues that arise in the course of this work;
- Carry out special project work as requested;
- Use of audit software where necessary to assist these review.
- Compile oral and written reports and recommendations on issues arising during audit work;
- Co-ordinate the reporting of issues arising, and receipt and adequacy of the responses of management;
- Liaise with Senior Group and Operating Company Management on issues and solutions.
Promotion of Best Practices
- Identify the needs and best methods to improve risk management and internal control across the organization.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Qualifications required
- Qualified Accountant (RA);
- As you will be expected to drive at various locations throughout the world, a full driver's licence is essential.
- Fluent Dutch and English is required Proficiency in one or more another European language is desirable (eg German, French, Polish or Spanish).
- 3 years experience in a large accounting firm or in industry; OR Experience in another Internal Audit function;
- Experience in Sarbanes Oxley, Corporate Governance, Internal Control Evaluation and Compliance and Substantive Testing;
- A good understanding of accounting principles (IFRS) and internal controls.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Strong written and IT skills;
- Professionalism and competency;
- Initiative, commitment and objectivity;
- Team-player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to build effective client relationships;
- Highly motivated and able to work pro-actively in ever-changing environment;
- Flexible with willingness to travel as up to 40% of the time will be spent away;
- Ambitious with desire to progress and develop.
What's on Offer
An excellent remuneration package, trainings, individual development plan, experiential learning.