- Fantastic organization!
- Greet and challenging opportunity!
About Our Client
Building Materials Europe(BME) is the new name for the group of building materials distribution companies which was previously operating under the name 'CRH Europe Distribution' (as division under ownership of CRH plc). The sale of CRH Europe Distribution to Blackstone was completed on 31 October 2019 and the complete carve-out from CRH has been completed. The new Group has commenced a new chapter under the leadership of Remco Teulings, Group CEO of BME. The Supervisory Board is chaired by Jean-Jacques Lafont. The Group has its headquarters at Schiphol-Oost/Netherlands.
BME is the 2ndlargest building materials' distribution platform in continental Europe in terms of profit,with national and/or regional leadership positions across the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland,Austria, Belgium, Spain,Franceand Portugal. BME sells building materials to professional builders,specialist heating and plumbing installers and consumers through a large network of outlets operating under trusted brands. The Group is active in two main business areas: General Builders Merchants (GBM) and Sanitary, Heating and Plumbing (SHAP). BME has a small activity DIY inthe countries Germanyand Portugal. The BME Group employs more than 12,000 employees working in more than 606locations across continental Europe with sales revenue amounting to nearly EUR 3,9bn (2020).
As part of the BME Group IT organization the Group Information Security Architect is responsible to designs and build the organization's cyber security systems and infrastructure.
BME is on a journey towards becoming an increasingly digital, data driven organization leveraging the latest application technologies to improve customer experience and drive organizational efficiencies. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a transformation where you can make an impact by supporting the business being successful by using modern and secure technology.
In this role you will report to the Group VP IT and work in close collaboration with the Group CISO, Group Director IT & Operations, internal virtual teams and vendors. You will be the anchor point for the Information Security across the BME and operating companies throughout Europe.
Purpose of the Role
- Develop BME security polices and standards
- Author best-practice and reference architectures for security solutions based on BME standards
- Produce security architecture specifications and design documentation for our digital landscape (public/private cloud)
- Delivers strategic thought leadership to the team that extends the Information Security strategy into the broader business, IT, Enterprise Architecture and Digital functions
- Evaluate, analyze, and provide direction on the current domestic and international enterprise Information Security Infrastructure to ensure security best practices are implemented and identify areas for improvement such as company applications, DevSecOps (CI/CD) for containerized and virtualized systems, infrastructural components, and application and system patching and hardening capabilities.
- Provide architectural leadership and design capabilities to ensure Network Architecture is properly implemented and maintained.
- Act as an Advisor on technology solutions and IT processes
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our digital teams, product managers, risk managers, technical leads, developers to ensure that design solutions meet our security standards and policies.
- Ensure Data Privacy through reviews, audits, and implementing secure best practices
- Architects friction-less preventative and detective security controls to be built into hybrid-cloud environments for Azure and on-prem environments and works to provide guidance on continuous improvement
- Provides Cybersecurity integration and automation architectures for the next-gen cloud native security stack that is identity and API driven.
- work with the respective technology teams to design a robust, reliable, and integrated IT security architecture covering the entire enterprise and addressing issues as prioritized by Information Security
- Collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business.
- Manage vendors
The Successful Applicant
Key Functional Competencies
- Service oriented.
- A pragmatic, can-do mentality, results driven.
- Intrinsic motivation & Self starter.
- Strong learning attitude.
- Collaborative, open mindset.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Embrace diversity of a multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Strategic mindset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years' experience in the information security industry or demonstrable experience as an Information Security Architect with an additional 4 - 5 years' experience with information security
- Good understanding of different integration patterns and how to implement with Microsoft Azure.
- Proven experience with cloud security in Azure, application/API security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, sandboxing, threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment and mitigation, SIEM, auditing, encryption, data loss prevention, threat intelligence, SASE, Zero-trust network access solutions, mobile application/system security
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment.
- Fluent in English
What's on Offer
Great remuneration package and fantastic environment to work in with great career opportunities.