- Opportunity to shape the journey towards becoming more digital & data driven!
- A Global role at a great employer!
About Our Client
Our client is one of Europe's leading multi-specialist distributors of building products with leadership positions across Europe.
Through their B2B distribution platform they connect their large supplier base to their customers.
Their multi-specialist building and service offering of more than 1 million products provides our customers with reliable, time-critical solutions and value-added services through a dense branch network operating under trusted well-known local brands and supported by an experienced, specialist workforce.
They firmly believe that we need to enable the transition to a more sustainable way of building. Sustainability is therefore at the heart of how we operate; from how we manage our business to how we work with our customers and suppliers.
The Group Enterprise Architect is responsible to define and implement the Enterprise Architecture following the business strategy.
The employer is on a journey towards becoming an increasingly digital, data driven organization leveraging the latest application technologies to improve customer experience and drive organizational efficiencies.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a transformation where you can make an impact by supporting the business being successful by using modern and secure technology.
In this role you will report to the Group VP IT and work in close collaboration with the Group CISO, Group Director IT & Operations, internal virtual teams and vendors. You will be the anchor point for the Enterprise Architecture across the company and operating companies throughout Europe.Purpose of the Role
- Build generic solutions for the future
- Connect systems through the integration platform instead of building the peer-to-peer connections separately - existing platform that is build on Azure and therefore we need someone who can build the architecture (we need to look back how it is build, right set-up, future maintenance)
- Set up the Integration platform in the right way
- Act as the Product Owner and makes sure it works in the best possible way
- Build up a commodity across Europe and helping the OpCo's
- Setting priorities instead focusing on ad hoc activities
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define and implement the Enterprise Architecture following the business strategy.
- Establishes a technology strategy and road-map that enables a portfolio to support current and future business capabilities.
- Drive harmonization and standardization of the IT infrastructure.
- Define and implement policies and procedures to manage and maintain the Enterprise Architecture.
- Establish an internal community (virtual team) to drive and maintain the Enterprise Architecture.
- Keep up with the latest trends in technology and determine whether they would be the right fit.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders like digital team, functional teams and the operational companies to support new initiatives and enhance existing solutions.
- Manage vendors to keep aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Participate in M&A activities to examine the potential fit and synergies.
- Collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business.
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns.
- Synchronizing disciplines across solutions where it makes sense like for System and data security and quality; User experience and Nonfunctional requirements.
The Successful Applicant
Key Functional Competencies
- Action-oriented and result-driven withexcellentanalytical and communication skills
- Strategic mindset with excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Well-organised and structured, self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Service oriented
- Innovative, actively driving adoption of Microsoft Azure technologies
- A pragmatic, can-do mentality, results driven
- Intrinsic motivation & Self starter
- Strong learning attitude
- Collaborative, open mindset
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Embrace diversity of a multi-cultural matrix organization
- Strong personality with the ability to get things done through people
- Pragmatic and solutions-oriented attitude
- Strong team spirit with the ability to connect with people
- Driven, energetic and positive
- Flexible, agile and resilient
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven and customer-focused
- Takes ownership, is accountable, delivers on promises
- High sense of integrity and business ethics
- Intellectually curious in support of high learning agility: high level of IQ/EQ and drive and used these to get ahead at work. Learns fast, creates rapid impact in new environments, gets often more responsibilities and has moved through the ranks significantly quicker than most others
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- Good understanding of different integration patterns and how to implement with Microsoft Azure
- Integration experience across business applications, data lakes and digital customer facing solutions
- Preferable experience in Azure DevOps
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers
- Experience with working in an international and matrix
- Fluent in English, Dutch and ideally in German; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process
- Willingness to travel
- Preferable familiar with wholesale/retail organizations
What's on Offer
The opportunity to shape the journey towards becoming more digital & data driven within a amazing organisation! Next to that since they're at the beginning of the journey the chance to have a huge impact company wide!
- A competitive salary package.
- A bonus component
- Car allowance
- Home office allowance
- Hybrid working environment