- Responsible for procurement activities of PP/RCP/Packaging
- Responsible for development/ commercial recycling activities for our 3 factories
Over onze klant
Cordstrap (1965) is a dynamic and agile private company which has been at the forefront of a revolution in the protection of Cargo. It is a mid-sized Manufacturing and Production organisation which has built a leading position globally over the last 55 years through an innovative suite of products and solutions that continue to disrupt traditional markets and set new standards for the cargo securing industry.
Cordstrap works in partnership with customers to provide advice and solutions to their global shipping needs - whether transporting dynamic cargo, dangerous chemicals or difficult to transport capital goods. Cordstrap is headquartered in Oostrum, the South-East of the Netherlands, and maintains a global footprint of sales offices, factories and distribution partners in over 50 countries worldwide.
The Global Category Manager Polyolefins and Recycling is responsible for procurement activities of PP/RCP/Packaging and all development & commercial recycling activities for our 3 factories in the Netherlands, Dubai and Turkey. In addition to this, the Category Manager serves as a member in New Product Development teams where he/she is responsible for all procurement activities related to the development of new products & packaging. This role reports to the Director Procurement and is located in Oostrum (near Venray). Travel estimation is once or twice per quarter with a strong focus on Western Europe, Middle East & Turkey.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that a sourcing strategy is in place for the assigned commodities
- To ensure that market knowledge of the assigned commodities is up to date
- To ensure that on a regular basis assigned commodities and geographical areas (Global vs. Local) of the assigned commodities are being analyzed and benchmarked
- To ensure that on a regular basis tender processes are started by using a proper tender document including decision matrix
- To ensure that total cost reductions are realized for the assigned commodities
- To ensure that contracts are in place for the assigned commodities
- To lead vendor rating for suppliers of the assigned commodities
- Continued search for process improvement to reduce complexity and costs
- To serve as a team member for New Product Development projects
- To serve as a team lead or member for cost-down projects
Global Category Manager Polyolefins and Recycling
- Polyolefins experience
- European/Asia Sourcing experience
- New Product Development experience
- Chemical/Plastics Engineer by education/training Production and Supply Chain experience
- Experienced project manager
- Resilient & adaptable mindset focusing on delivering key priorities
- Curious & creative influencer who thrives in a high paced environment
- Customer centric self-starter
Fluent in English both verbal and written is necessary, Dutch is considered a plus
The company provides a unique mixture of global operational reach and multinational professionalism with an entrepreneurial and agile culture
and style oriented towards impact. Held by long term private equity
oriented shareholders, the organization is focused on long term growth and value creation for customers, partners, employees and shareholders.