General Manager Composite Materials and Processes
Responsible for management and development in renewable energy!
Working at a world leader in renewable energy solutions
Over onze klant
The Suzlon Group is one of the leading renewable energy solutions providers in the world with a presence across 18 countries in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, North and South America. With over two decades of operational track record, the Group has a cumulative installation of over 17,000 MW of wind energy capacity, over 8,600 employees with diverse nationalities and world-class manufacturing facilities.
Pioneering Heights in the Wind Power Industry
Suzlon, as a wind energy solutions company has a large in-house Research and Development (R&D) set-up in Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, and India. Approximately 11,000 MW of the Group's installations are in India, which makes up for over 35% of the country's wind energy installations, making Suzlon the undisputed leader in this sector.
A Renewable Energy Solutions Leader
Pioneering the 'Concept to Commissioning' model in the wind energy industry, Suzlon has opened the market to new customer segments. The company invests heavily in R&D to capitalize on all aspects concerning renewable energy. From being a premier wind turbine supplier, Suzlon forayed into the solar energy sector in 2016.
The Group, headquartered at Suzlon One Earth in Pune, India, is comprised of Suzlon Energy Limited and its subsidiaries.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Responsible for the integral management & development of the major functions within CMP department i.e. materials technology, composite processes, advanced tooling and CATIA.
- Acting as the content lead of CMP design, value engineering & RCA activities with the company; represents the department in management reviews.
- Has 12-18 direct reports; gives guidance to directs and controls the activities of the team of engineers.
- Supervise the contribution and deliverables of the team into NPD programs and for other defined projects.
- Maintain key contacts in the industry (e.g. with suppliers of materials, composite tooling) and coordinates the introduction of new technologies into the company.
- Initiate and supervise applied research and design to improve or generate new technologies.
- Propose and maintain Technology Roadmap for resp. functions
- Responsible for the quality of the content delivered by the team members and for HSE of composite lab.
- Supports and guides the VP in ensuring that the team actively follows and stays up-to-date with (new) developments in the wind energy industry and the technology field of the department specifically.
- Support the VP in mentoring, guiding, evaluating and developing the team of specialists.
- Provide coaching and support to the team on a daily basis and provide them with feedback to improve team results and team development
- Stipulate individuals by supporting them in meeting their ambitions.
- Ensure sustainable employability of team members.
- Candidates hold a MSC or BSC in a relevant studies.
- The ideal candidate has about 15 years of working experience; has worked as a composite specialist as well as team or department lead with a proven track record in managing a larger team of engineers in R&D of advanced composites.
- Candidates have working experience in the wind energy, aircraft manufacturing and/or other domains where industrial advanced composite technology is used.
- Provide direction and guidance to a group of employees in the context of fulfilling their tasks and executing their projects; establish and maintain good cooperation with other involved parties in order to achieve defined targets.
- Make decisions by undertaking actions or setting the course of actions based on good judgement of relevant information
- Present ideas and facts in a clear manner. Adjust presentation to suit the audience. Make ideas and opinions clear in a report or document that conforms to proper design and structure, is grammatically correct and that contains appropriate language.
- Actively contribute to a common result or problem solving, even when this cooperation is for a subject that is not of immediate personal interest.
- Actively focus on achieving results and meeting objectives & timelines and having the will to intervene if results or the course of projects is not meeting expectations.
From €85.000,- till €120.000,- gross annual salary
Good secundary conditions