Financial Risk Manager
Work for an international insurance company
Located in the Hague
About Our Client
Large international insurance company located in The Hague.
About the department
Risk Management & Compliance (RM&C) is part of the second line, as distinguished within the organization's Enterprise Risk Management framework (ERM). The Underwriting Risk Management (URM) Department is part of RM&C. Departing from this capacity URM is responsible for the monitoring and assessment of the underwriting risks and risk control measures, which were implemented by the first line. The objective is that the risk exposure of the company is such that it contributes to the realisation of the business targets and is acceptable to the relevant stakeholders, e.g. customers, employees, investors and supervisory authorities.
As Financial Risk Manager you support the Actuarial Function Holder for the company (Pensions, Life and Non-Life) in the assessment of the adequacy of the technical provisions for the various insurance entities in scope of Solvency II.
In addition, you deliver high-quality input to the second-line assessment of the control of underwriting risks, reinsurance and adequate pricing of products and a strategic contribution towards the Risk Management in general is always expected. In the near future IFRS17 will receive ever more attention. In your activities you will cooperate frequently with other teams within the second line, e.g. Model Validation or Financial Risk Management.
The Successful Applicant
As Financial Risk Manager you have broad knowledge of pensions, life and non-life products - someone with an Actuarial background would be ideal. In addition, you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management as well as the external auditor. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment. In addition you possess:
- Actuarial education (AG/AAG) or a completed quantitative university education (e.g. econometrics, (technical) mathematics);
- 3-6 years of experience in a comparable position at a financial institution, preferably an insurance company;
- knowledge of and experience with Solvency II;
- affinity with financial processes (actuarial, financial risk management, accounting, control;
- the ability to communicate complex actuarial matters to stakeholders in word and writing in a short, concise and clear manner.
- high level of proficiency in English and Dutch (both written and verbal)
- Ability to gather, research, compare and analyze complex data models and develop clear logical interpretation and application.
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills for various stakeholders
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Prioritizing and planning time and resources
- Attention to detail
What's on Offer
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month's salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on company products.