- FI network in Europe is required
- A key role in one of the largest banks of the world
Over onze klant
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a network of branches, managed from Amsterdam.
Directly responsible as the GTB product partner for working with the FI Coverage Relationship Managers to grow the baseline of business from a portfolio of both existing clients and new prospects.
The role will have sales responsibility for a portfolio of global FI clients, with the objective of achieving revenue growth from the group's range of GTB services. Client interaction will predominantly be with Group Treasurers, CFOs, COOs, Heads of Relationship Management and Heads of Network Management.
Develop the GTB EMEA proposition for, and linkages with, FI clients, to support MUFG's institutional business in areas such as payment/guarantee network connectivity
Act as a strategic partner to clients in the region, involving a significant amount of external and internal stakeholder management, including with Senior/Executive Management levels. The role will involve the facilitation of broad GTB solutions, including the introduction of Working Capital and FX services.
Act as back-up to other Sales Consultants in the GTB EMEA group, providing daily support to client relationships as required
- Sales - grow the baseline GTB revenues and assets, and enhance returns from existing clients in the portfolio to meet individual and team targets
- Origination - work with the Coverage RMs across EMEA to identify and acquire new GTB clients and incremental business from existing clients to meet individual and team targets
- Consistently attain personal pipeline targets and demonstrate role-model pipeline management skills and behaviours
- Develop and continually enhance effective global account plans for key clients and actively contribute to client planning sessions, as well as supporting other Sales Consultants with their account/client planning
- Develop strong and effective working relationships across all key stakeholder groups, including Operations, Technology, Mid-Office, Risk Management, Coverage, Compliance, Legal and Product Management, both within EMEA and across the other regions
- Be the first line of defence in the mitigation of client business-related risks pertaining to Compliance, Legal, etc., and share all learnings with the wider GTB group.
- Escalate all weaknesses/breaches and work with appropriate colleagues to pro-actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our risk-identification and management framework and processes
- Develop and provide coaching and/or training to the GTB group and internal stakeholders to ensure the continuous up-tiering of the level of understanding of the GTB business within MUFG and to enhance our client planning, sales and origination efforts
- Work with Line Managers/stakeholders to help create and deliver on the overall GTB FI strategy
- Take responsibility for developing and growing our GTB EMEA business by supporting EMEA and other region branches and subsidiaries with their business promotion of the group's services
- Identify client needs and recommend the best solutions for clients in support of our GTB business globally
- Assist GTB Product Management to improve our key products and services, in coordination with external vendors/financial institutions as appropriate
- Achieving the revenue and profitability targets for each client and for the overall portfolio
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent level of relevant industry experience essential/strongly preferred
- Experience in selling GTB services to FI bank and non-bank clients
- Experience of having worked in a global financial institution
- Direct experience in GTB and/or Client Coverage
- Fluency in at least one European language other than English and/or in Japanese
- Experience of a broad Working Capital solution set
- Regional knowledge of the GTB industry and of MUFG's key competitors
- Regional knowledge of key European banking regulations and their implications for banks and their clients
- Strong technical knowledge across both Cash & Liquidity Management and Trade & Working Capital products and services
- Developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of risk and market environments across the GTB spectrum, including credit risks, operational risks, etc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and to prioritise workloads effectively
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement in support of decisions
- Structured and logical approach to workload management
- Strong problem-solving skills
A competitive salary package.