- Sparring partner Finance Manager
- Leading projects for further optimization of accounting & reporting processes
Over onze klant
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world.
Through their people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Financial Controller you will perform the timely reporting of the financial and operational information (actual, forecast, budget, dashboards, KPI's, analysis) for Wabtec Netherlands according to the procedures within Wabtec (SOX, accounting procedures, guidelines etc.). You will collaborate with the accounting team in the Netherlands to meet the Corporate requirements. As sparring partner of the Finance Manager, you will lead special projects for further optimization of accounting & reporting processes.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Perform the timely and accurate financial reporting for the Wabtec Netherlands operating unit
- Ensure integrity of the General Ledger and adherence to the Wabtec accounting policies
- Accurately maintain the Fixed Asset register
- Prepare monthly analysis and ad-hoc when needed
- Prepare the annual budget
- Manage the cash to optimum levels
- Ensure correctness & timeliness of payments
- Prepare cash forecast including currency exposure.
- Frequently update the intercompany pricing
- Frequently update the cost prices in the ERP system
- Perform external reporting (VAT, ICP, Intrastat and other statutory & statistical reporting)
- Perform timely SOX testing within Wabtec Netherlands and meet with the US Stock Exchange regulations
- Maintain the insurances portfolio
- Contacts with the auditors to support year end audits (statutory)
- Contacts with the fiscal advisors to support the filing of Tax returns
- Contacts with banks
- Other Finance and non-finance tasks for the benefit of the company, projects execution
The ideal candidate recognizes his/herself in the following description:
- A completed financial study at Bachelor level, like Business Economics, Business Administration, Controlling or Accountancy
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience on the finance\ controlling roles
- Experience in an industrial production company preferably with an international orientation
- Knowledge of accounting & fiscal rules and practices (SOX, US GAAP)
- Actively make proposals for improvement, able to set the right priorities and respond to unexpected situations
- Independent and team player, responsible, self-reliant, result driven and reliable
- Good analytical skills
- Affinity with data and IT in combination with finance
- Good skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of EPICOR, Hyperion and Power BI is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and will continue to do so!
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment they rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. They aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. Wabtec believes in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles.
Wabtec offers a competitive salary. The Metalektro collective labour agreement aplpies to your contract.