EMEA Legal Counsel
Extraordinary position at an international pharma company
Broad and complex EMEA business
Over onze klant
Our client is an international pharmaceutical company with a focus on eye health. Its EMEA business is expending, and therefore requires an additional EMEA lawyer to optimize the business operations support.
It has a Netherlands branch located in Amsterdam.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The EMEA Legal Counsel forms part of the Legal & Compliance department and is responsible for:
- Legal compliance of the EMEA business operation (by providing legal advice on pan-European business related matters (M&A, laws and regulations, commercial/contracts, pricing&reimbursement, drug safety/pharmacovigliance, clinical studies, data privacy, labor laws, distribution, parallel imports, competition laws);
- providing support to the EMEA Compliance department (assisting with the development of healthcare compliance templates and processes and providing legal advice on general legal compliance matters)
- administrative matters
- has a Law degree (Masters) from an European university;
- is a Dutch qualified lawyer with 5-7 years experience gained in a law firm and in-house, preferably in an international environment where you have worked on complex international projects;
It is a big advantage if you have gained work experience in the life sciences industry.
Necessary soft skills:
- you are hands-on and solution-oriented, you like to have a pragmatic approach yet you are discreet;
- you are a self-starter with good personal/communications skills and judgment;
- you can work both independently and in a team;
- excellent command of both Dutch and English, both verbal and written;
An unique fulltime position for an EMEA legal counsel who is eager to integrate in a small organisation with a dynamic business environment. You will work for one of the best pharmaceutical companies there are, in the middle of Amsterdam. Occasional travel will be required in time. You will become part of a legal & compliance department in an international organization that is flexible and where you will have a lot of growth opportunities.
Good primary and secondary benefits.