Dutch speaking Senior Credit Analyst - Cooperative Int. Bank
New role for Credit Risk banking professional wanting to make a difference
International surrounding, looking for Dutch speaker
About Our Client
My client is an international bank currently building their business and planning to go live in the new year.
- Perform independent credit review and analysis of existing and potential borrowers in corporate finance and project finance, including an assessment of fundamentals of borrowers, comparable analysis of industry peer, and evaluation of various risk characteristics unique to the transaction in accordance with the applicable European regulations and guidance (e.g. CRR).
- Review and assess the application of internal credit rating applied by the front section.
- Communication between the Bank's 1st line as well as other relevant divisions to perform credit review task.
- Analyse the credit portfolio of the Bank and present such analysis to Bank's management on a regular basis (e.g. monthly, quarterly) for existing and potential borrowers.
- Support to conduct stress testing from credit risk perspective, including stress scenario construction and performing an analysis.
- Perform analysis and provide opinion to determine the Banks's ECL(expected credit loss) for the purpose of the IFRS9.
- Review and monitor financial and non-financial covenants stipulated in the contract and managed by the front office and report periodically to Bank's management.
- Communicate with the Bank's 1st line with regard to pipeline transactions and those profile and intended transaction timelines.
- Perform research on sector analysis or economic research primarily in Europe which are relevant to credit risk analysis of the Bank as and when required.
- Consult and liaise with the Credit Risk Management Division or relevant 2nd line divisions to perform credit analysis when necessary, which includes but is not limited to communications via an e-mail or telephone.
- Review the credit review report prepared by other members at risk management and provide suggestions for quality enhancement.
Credit Risk Management Framework and Governance:
- Establish credit risk management for the Bank, including setting credit risk appetite, transaction acceptance criteria and constructing credit granting processes.
- Draft and maintain various credit risk policies and procedures documents.
- Keep up with the key credit risk management framework documents, such as internal rating systems and credit granting processes of the Parent and align those with the framework of the Bank.
- Arrange and coordinate credit risk committee (to be established) and to prepare meeting materials as well as meeting minutes.
- Design and implement necessary credit risk IT systems.
- To keep abreast of ongoing development of relevant regulations in Europe, including but not limited to those provided by the DNB, ECB and EBA. Update credit risk management framework accordingly.
- Provide support and guidance to junior risk members of the Bank.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5-7 years' experiences in the area of credit review in corporate finance or project finance, ideally in a banking, and preferably having experiences in credit risk management framework related work experiences.
- An international mind-set and intercultural sensitivity
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package