Director Internal Control - stock listed corporate
Reporting to the Group Head of Risk
(Co)shape the Internal Control position
About Our Client
An international , stock listed, purpose-led multinational.
In 2017 my client started with the design and implementation of an Internal Control Framework for its main Support Functions. By end 2018 the core has been implemented and further steps will be taken to improve this framework.
- Reports to the VP Group Risk Management, who reports to the CFO.
- Actively co-shapes journey towards more mature risk management and internal control.
- Defines the internal control strategy and implements all necessary controls, in line with requirements and external developments.
- Owns the internal control framework (ICF) aimed at safeguarding the reliability of our financial reporting;
o Ensures the ICF is fully implemented, stays operational, fit-for-purpose and up-to-date.
o Actively drives further automation of controls.
o Drives the monitoring, remediation and continuous improvement cycle in differentiated and complex operating environments.
o Helps to optimize the set of internal assurance statements building on the ICF.
- Indirectly manages an international team of some 15 internal control officers located in the various operating centers.
- Ensures strong collaboration with the lines of defense: function & business management, internal control officers, corporate operational audit and external auditor.
- Liaises with Group Control & Accounting and Secretary of the Managing Board in providing supporting evidence to the client's in-control-statement
The Successful Applicant
* Master's degree in Business Administration, Controlling or Auditing.
* At least 10-15 years' experience Internal Control and / or Auditing in an international environment, preferably in regulated food, medical or performance products.
* High level of conceptual and analytical skills.
* Able to zoom-out and create overview in combination with ability to drive into operational details.
* Change management experience in transformational projects in complex operating environments; able to define and help manage towards the desired culture and behaviors.
* Strong business partner skills; ability to challenge, support, getting things done in complex political, business and cultural settings.
* Strong interpersonal communications and influencing skills; able to express ideas with ease and flair.
* Able to cope with strict deadlines and time schedules within a matrix organization.
* Knowledge of SAP and GRC
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.