Director Internal Audit - Insurance
Develop and execute the audit vision and strategy
Manage, develop and coach a team of 13 highly qualified audit experts
Over onze klant
My client is an insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Develop and execute the audit vision and strategy in line with overall strategic priorities, the desired risk profile and relevant laws and regulations;
- Develop the multi-annual audit plan and translate this into an annual plan for all entities within the organisation in scope, in accordance with management teams, the external auditor, the supervisor and approved by the Executive Board and the Audit Committee;
- Execute the audit plan and ensure IT, Financial, Compliance, Project and other audit assignments and related activities are executed, documented and guided according to relevant law, regulations and guidelines. Advise on findings in the areas of governance, risk management and internal control;
- Update of the risk analysis for all auditable entities in the area on an annual and on-going basis, based on the management risk analysis, as well as input from second-line risk functions - especially (operational and financial) risk management and compliance;
- Provide or ensure the provision of insights at the request or at own initiative regarding audit findings by means of periodical and ad-hoc reports and/or analysis, based on reporting guidelines. In the event of significant audit findings or in case of irregularities of any nature whatsoever, that may be detrimental to the company, the Executive Board and/or the AC/RC are informed directly;
- Participate in (strategic) discussions and provide input both strategic and tactical levels and participate in parts of main strategic change processes;
- Keep up with internal and external developments and laws and regulations within the practices within the departments and organization at large. Good understanding of relevant Dutch legislation, including WFT and SII, and well capable of maintaining constructive relationship with DNB and AFM;
- Establish an effective working relationship with the Group Internal Audit, considering operational independence and including the alignment of Internal Audit activities to the Transformation program;
- Ensure communication and commitment of stakeholders regarding the Audit activities and findings and maintain and build strategic relationships with the Executive Board, Audit Committee and strategic external stakeholders, e.g. DNB, AFM, External Auditor, IIA NL,NBA and NOREA. Act as a point of contact and maintain a professional working relationship with the external auditor(s) for the purpose of audit work and coordinate and monitor the selection and output of the external auditor;
- Manage, develop and coach a team of 13 highly qualified and experienced internal auditors, motivate employees through sincere and concrete feedback and take appropriate action when needed, stimulate team cooperation and mobility and ensure compliance with the succession planning, utilizing the instruments, service and procedures as set by HR.
The Director Internal Audit must be assertive and independent but capable of building strong links with other functions and business units.
He/she is a qualified audit professional and has significant experience in a variety of managerial roles with a strong foundation in internal and operational audit, accounting or finance; strategic insight and vision on developments regarding risk and audit.
Furthermore he/she has a:
- RA/CPA/ACCA designation (or equivalent);
- MSc. , MBA (or equivalent) in Accounting, Auditing, Business desirable but not mandatory;
- Knowledge of the three lines of defense model and the audit function in particular;
- Knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory frameworks and experience with relevant laws, regulations and the regulators;
- Experience within insurance/reinsurance industries, including corporate investment and corporate finance areas;
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting requirements, Solvency II and a general understanding of statutory reporting requirements;
- Medium-sized company experience. Experience with decision making processes and knowledge how to effectively deal with the interests of the parties within the company. Next to this he/she is familiar with committee structures and reorganizations;
- Proven experience in dealing with chief executive officers, senior management at board level, audit committees and financial industry regulators;
- High fluency in both Dutch and English
- A competitive remuneration package.