Deputy Finance Manager
Challenging role in multinational environmental friendly company
A dynamic, forward-thinking company with ambitious plans for growth
Over onze klant
Dynamic, forward-thinking company with ambitious plans for growth in the power generation and power downstream sectors. Operate a tailored portfolio of renewable and energy-efficient assets in Europe and the Middle East and are developing projects in Africa. Mission is to produce, supply and deliver efficient, flexible and affordable energy to customers across our region.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Review and analysis of joint venture / project company financial reporting, and resolving any queries with local finance teams to ensure accurate group reporting.
- Assist the Finance Manager and work with other departments (e.g. Business Development team) to identify and managing accounting and tax risks for the company, its subsidiaries and joint ventures, e.g. supporting with tax and accounting diligence, resolution of IFRS accounting issues and assessing the tax treatment of complex transactions.
- Responsibility for timely and accurate financial accounting, tax and other compliance requirements for a number of Dutch subsidiary companies under Dutch GAAP / Dutch tax principles.
- Preparing quarterly consolidated reporting for a number of DGE's Dutch subsidiary companies under IFRS.
- Assistance with the preparation of tax consolidation calculations for a fiscal unity of multiple Dutch subsidiaries.
- Various other compliance tasks for certain Dutch subsidiary companies such as annual statutory accounts, VAT compliance and assistance with internal and external audits.
- Oversight and review of bookkeeping and compliance tasks for certain subsidiary (holding) companies.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to processes and controls to ensure a robust and efficient control environment as the Dutch business grows.
- Assist in improving, documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Providing support and guidance to finance colleagues in project companies / subsidiaries.
- Prepare forecasts / budgets for Dutch subsidiary companies and analyse performance against budget
- Assist the Finance Manager with treasury management for Dutch subsidiaries, e.g. managing cash requirements for and distributions from project companies.
- Good level of Dutch and English competency (written and verbal)
- (Post) Bachelor degree in accounting (HBO SPD, HBO Accountancy, Post HBO-AA) Strong grasp of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience of Dutch Corporation Tax and VAT compliance.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial systems with a proven ability to learn computerised systems quickly.
- Highly competent excel skills with experience of managing large and complex data sets.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse and challenge data to ensure accuracy and robustness.
- Strong intellect and problem solving ability.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and highly organised with a track record of driving change and implementing new processes.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others using tact and diplomacy.