Challenging position as Data Scientist within an innovative and global team
Working on exciting and innovative business wise projects
Over onze klant
Our client is a leading global dairy trading company (milk powders, butter, cheese, dairy blends etc.). The Group consists of 14 offices in all continents with over 300 employees. Their accounts are dairy producers and processors, government institutions and importers / distributors all over the globe. Our client's success is founded in its pro-active & service oriented market approach, its global presence and its extensive market and product knowledge and its strive for excellence,
They are looking for a data scientist to join their global commercial analytics team (United States, The Netherlands, Singapore). This team acts as innovation center on advanced analytics and data science, supporting the strategic agenda set by the board of directors. This role will be based in Bladel (The Netherlands) and reports to the global Commercial Analytics Manager.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Responsible for transforming large, complex datasets into actionable insights.
- Collaborate with global team members and business stakeholders in derivatives / algorithmic trading, risk management, merchant sales and sustainability solutions.
- Prototype data science tools that improve daily commercial / operational success.
- Design and maintain advanced algorithms that deliver on strategic goals.
- Collaborate with development engineers to deploy your solutions from idea to impact.
- Balance common sense with state-of-the-art modeling skills to achieve results.
- 3+ years of experience in multinational Data Science.
- University Master's Degree or PhD with a strong mathematical background (Statistics, Math, Physics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science).
- Hands-on databasing skills are a must (e.g. SQL); ETL and data platform integration a pre (Azure/AWS, APIs).
- You are (willing to become) an expert in statistical / machine learning methods such as Recurrent Neural Nets, stochastic volatility, Bayesian MCMC, Random Forests, SVM, gradient boosting, (non)linear regression. Experience working with ML tooling (e.g. Hadoop / Spark, Keras, TensorFlow, GPUs, parallel CPUs, Kubernetes, GitHub).
- You have a strong command of the English language. More languages are a pre.
- You have an intrinsic motivation to keep learning to stay ahead of the curve.
- You are a team player - balancing independence with a passion to help others progress.
- Experience working or studying abroad is a pre.
- You thrive in a dynamic, demanding environment.
- A global team where we do meaningful work that contributes to our global strategy and your development.
- (External) Training from data science experts (incl. PhDs) and business leaders.
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- An opportunity to collaborate and travel internationally.
- Young team members and fun activities.
- Free delicious and healthy lunch.
- Free gym inside our office.
- 25 leave days.
- Travel allowance, collective insurance discount and a retirement plan.
*Please only apply if you do have an EU or Dutch working permit*
In case you do have questions, feel free to contact:
Senior Associate - Information Technology
+316 22 41 27 37