Data Protection Officer - Europe
To inform and monitor the EU entities and all employees of their obligations
Act as a Data Protection Officer
About Our Client
A global insurance company
- To inform and monitor the EU entities and all employees of their obligations and compliance under the GDPR data protection provisions.
- To perform data protection impact assessments.
- To lead the liaison, and cooperate, with the data protection supervisory authorities.
- To act as the focal point for the data protection supervisory authorities on matters relating to the processing of personal data and other matters, where appropriate
- Give advice and recommendations to the EU entities about the interpretation or application of the data protection rules
- Create a register of processing operations within the EU entities and notify the relevant EU governance forums and, if appropriate, supervisory authorities of any that present specific risks
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the EU entities Global Privacy and Data Protection framework, policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise.
- Lead the management of the resolution of issues that have been escalated to the Privacy Office, such as operational issues related to data subject right requests.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree level education and 5 years minimum of privacy work experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work in within a matrix organisation
- Strong experience implementing privacy and data protection programmes
- Expert level understanding of privacy program management and European privacy laws and regulations (such as GDPR), ability to apply the rules as well as implementing rules, codes and guidance
- Strong advisory skills, including influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated ability of applying privacy requirements to practical use cases beyond policy formulation and compliance
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop excellent professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Supervisory Authorities) - demonstrating excellent emotional intelligence
- Ability to draft, implement and maintain internal and external privacy notices, policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Proficient in MS suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- English language is essential, Dutch language is a strong preference
What's on Offer
An interesting opportunity with a competitive salary package