- Do you want to work in an international and inclusive organization
- Do you want to work in an eager and dedicated team?
Over onze klant
The Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (MHFG or the Mizuho Group) is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Through its legally-owned subsidiaries it offers a broad range of services including banking, trust banking and securities, and other business related to financial services through its group companies. The total Mizuho Group and its subsidiaries has approximately 56,000 staff working worldwide. In Japan, Mizuho has approximately 800 branches which serve 24 million individual customers and cover ca. 70% of Japan's listed companies. Outside of Japan, Mizuho relies on a global network of 117 offices, within 32 different countries.Mizuho Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully licensed bank incorporated in the Netherlands and supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM). MBE was established in 1974 and has always been located in Amsterdam. We employ around 90 FTE and have three foreign branches (Brussels, Madrid and Vienna).
The department and team
The Middle Office department consist of three teams; Credit Middle Office, Business Support and KYC & AML. The Credit Middle Office is a dynamic team that performs the credit control for the Japanese, non-Japanese corporates and Treasury business lines, supporting a wide range of wholesale financing activities across all of MBE's offices.Job summary
The function concentrates on the day-to-day performance of procedures, analysis and report preparation to support the department and other internal service areas by answering questions
· Prepare the monthly portfolio credit control reports
· Daily credit and transaction control and reports
· Covenant monitoring and ratio control and periodical reporting
· Transaction documentation check against credit approval
· Analyze periodical financial company reports
· Control transaction execution and instruct the back office
· Large exposure control set by DNB
· Transaction hedge arrangements
· Solvability control
· Collaborate cross functionally to support business and treasury departments
· Perform periodical reporting related treasury activities and credit risk
· Limit administration and control
· Perform administrative and control tasks of treasury products
· Support regulatory processes e.g. EMIR and MIFID2 obligations (not a must)
· Participate in or support projects
· Liaise with other departments to identify and solve data quality issues
· Become a sounding board for the back office and other MBE departments
Desired skills and experience
· Must have a Bachelor degree economics, business administration or country equivalent in a related discipline together with banking working experience.
· Alternatively can show strong analytical skills from another discipline.
· Show a strong client-facing attitude, good attention to detail and willingness to learn as well as a desire to build a career within a growing department as this role has the potential to lead to other opportunities for the right candidate within Middle Office department.
· 1-3 years of experience in similar (banking) position.
· Experience with international corporate finance and treasury related transactions is prefered
· Basic knowledge and experience with syndicated and bilateral Credit Agreements.
· Analyze financial periodical company reports.
· Advanced Excel skills.
· Basic knowledge of VBA, SQL and Tableau is a pre.
· Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
· Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills.
· Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments.
· Pro-actively anticipate on potential issues and aim to resolve underlying issues.
· Pragmatic and solution oriented with a flexible working attitude.
· Ultimate team player with a high stress tolerance.
- Unique opportunity of working in a dynamic international and multicultural environment and being part of one of the largest financial institutions of the world.
- Competitive remuneration package (e.g. 13th month and bonus).
- 100% company paid defined pension plan.
- 29 vacation days based on fulltime.
- Good career opportunities for professional development in a global institution.
- Technical and professional training.
Pre-employment screening procedure
Once the selection procedure is completed and you are identified as the best candidate, a VOG (certificate of conduct) will be requested from you.