- Great opportunity to build up Fifa Clearing House from Scratch
- Play a role in promoting and protecting the integrity of professional football
Over onze klant
The establishment of the FIFA Clearing House (FCH) is a key element of the transfer system reform package adopted by FIFA in order to promote and protect the integrity of professional football. The FCH is established in the Netherlands as a wholly owned subsidiary of FIFA and will act as a PSD2 licensed payment service provider. The FCH will initially process payment of training rewards (according to FIFA's Regulation on the Status and Transfer of Players) between clubs with a long-term aim of ensuring all payments in the football industry adhere to strict financial regulation.
The main purpose of this role is to build and manage the overall risk and compliance function and to oversee all risk & compliance related matters for the FCH. The Chief Risk & Compliance Officer is a member of the Management Board and will partner with his/her fellow Management Board members. To be successful within this international organisation, you should have a "hands on" and problem solving mind-set. You are highly organized and a proven ability to interface with all levels. You have strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Establishing, maintaining and updating standards, policies and procedures;
- Ensuring management of the risk control framework;
- Identifying, evaluating and monitoring risks, in order to avoid, mitigate or reduce risks for the FCH within the risk appetite;
- Ensuring effective compliance, control and reporting in line with laws and regulations;
- Ensuring the business complies with all laws/regulations, policy and industry guidance related to AML, Sanctions, CFT and ABC.
- Responding to regulatory developments, reporting requirements, changes to laws and regulations;
- Overseeing and challenging employees and teams within the FCH on compliance and integrity related matters, related to the provision of payment services;
- Educating employees and creating risk and compliance awareness within the FCH;
- Building effective controls, incident reporting and management;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures and programs designed to minimize regulatory and compliance risks;
- Sharing strategic leadership responsibilities with the CEO & CFO.
- Proven experience as a leader within the risk and compliance area.
- Strong understanding of legal requirements for a regulated financial institution.
- Proven track record within KYC and/or AML, including having held previous General Management positions steering large scale operations.
- Balanced decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in the areas of Wholesale Banking, Retail Banking, Risk, Finance or Information technology, with a background of (AML related) regulatory responsibilities in the financial services sector.
- Risk appetite and limit setting at organization level, running the ERM dashboard.
- Previous AFM\DNB Policy Maker (integrity and suitability screening) approval.
- Sharp critical and analytical thinking skills.
- International experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of business processes and associated risks.
- A client-focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Personal integrity and a sense of ethics to ensure independence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.