(Country) Compliance Officer - Global insurance
A matrix reporting framework and understand multiple lines of businesses
Assist the Management in ensuring that all Colleagues understand all policies
About Our Client
A global insurance company
- Assist the Management in ensuring that all Colleagues understand all applicable Group polices (including Financial Crime, Anti Bribery & Corruption, Conflict Management and Complaint Handling policies and the Sanctions Protocol) and that local operating procedures incorporate controls to ensure compliance with all other Group policies.
- Maintain records of all standard quote, confirmation of cover and other applicable templates. Maintain a written record of all advice and exceptions granted to operational processes.
- Approve any changes to operating procedures and provide input into the development of new operating procedures resulting from new product developments and initiatives.
- Assist the Management in ensuring that all Colleagues understand the Groups quality assurance models and that local operating procedures incorporate controls to ensure that the principles are adhered to.
- Provide guidance and advice to management in developing awareness of the need to adhere to the highest business conduct and ethical standards in relation to business activities.
- Understand the local regulatory environment. Identify all applicable regulations and ensure procedures are in place to meet those. Develop and maintain the Regulatory Risk Assessment and or chart which sets forth applicable laws and regulations including licensing requirements and permissible and prohibited activities, and indicating how the company ensures compliance with each requirement. Where appropriate develop a local compliance manual.
The Successful Applicant
- Compliance and Regulatory knowledge and experience in Financial Services Industry essential.
- Academic level, preferably in Law/Finance or Quantitative specialization.
- A completed certified Compliance Professional/Officer education
- Experience in General insurance, life insurance and pensions, or Mifid regulated financial services firms, would be an distinct advantage but not essential.
- Good understanding of conduct of business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Able to work on or within small motivated team
- IT Literate - knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Languages - essential Dutch and English desirable French
What's on Offer