Core Compliance Advisor (Dutch speaker)
The Core Compliance Advisor is seen as a trusted adviser to the business
The function operates within the Global Compliance Division guidelines
About Our Client
A global bank
The Core Compliance Advisor supports the achievement of these activities by:
- Compliance Leadership: support the design and implementation, within the wider risk framework, structures, and processes that integrate the principles of effective compliance into daily operations, encourage behavioral change, and drive strong governance arrangements across MBE.
- Evaluate the current status of compliance activities within MBE through the completion of periodic collaborative risk assessments, as well as attendance at relevant committee meetings (e.g. New Product Committee), and take appropriate action to address any shortfalls.
- Global collaboration: work in partnership with risk and compliance specialists across the region and globally to share best practices, provide support, and develop effective compliance policies and methodology appropriate to the Bank.
- Review/resolve a range of the more demanding compliance issues, many of which may be sensitive, clarifying as appropriate the customers' understanding of the information being given, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Communicate non-conformance issues to all relevant parties in order that appropriate and timely remedial action is taken providing guidance and support as necessary, also ensuring that such issues are reported in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the MBE business areas and branches in line with the agreed business objectives to meet all relevant internal and external regulatory/statutory requirements in relation to Compliance.
- Support the Head of Core Compliance with the performance of risk assessments, monitoring activities, and the delivery of relevant projects.
- Ensure at all times that documentation is accurate, free from error, meets the customer's best interest and Bank's duty of care, complies with relevant law and regulations, and fully protects the Bank and that any risks are identified for authorization. Ensure transactions documented are operationally viable and customer indebtedness/security is legally recoverable.
- Promote staff awareness, understanding of and commitment to Compliance matters, and provide appropriate training for MBE staff.
- As and when required undertake small projects and/or provide specialist input into wider business projects and initiatives, facilitating the identification and evaluation of risks and controls and recommending proportional cost-effective solutions.
· Contribute to the Compliance Division team's workload.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience working in a similar role in compliance within the financial services/banking sector.
- Experience with projects such as the implementation of MIFID 2, EMIR, PSD 2, MAD/MAR, and GDPR and development and implementation of an integrity risk analysis (SIRA) framework.
- Experience with the implementation of core compliance testing and monitoring plans and branch supervision.
- Experience with the development and implementation of Core Compliance policy and procedure framework.
- Experience working in an international environment with different stakeholders and jurisdictions.
- Experience with legal and/or audit work is a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements, technical interpretation, and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Pro-actively develops and maintains relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the Bank
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding, of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes, and pertinent economic and political factors that may impact MBE's business and overall aims.
- High level of personal independence
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, to overcome setbacks and work with new colleagues and diverse cultures, remain calm in stressful situations, and professionally deal with personal challenges in a changing work environment.
- Hands-on mentality
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
What's on Offer
An interesting opportunity within a global bank