Controller (with Tax) | Kawneer/Arconic
responsible for reporting, tax accounting and compliance in Europe
new role at fast growing company
Over onze klant
Kawneer is world leader in the field of aluminum windows, doors and facades with offices in Europe, North-America, Asia and South-America. With her worldwide knowledge network and years of experience in the field of windows, doors and facades, Kawneer offers many opportunities where you profit of even more innovative products. Together Kawneer has a revenue of over 1 billion per year. Kawneer is the worldwide brand under which mother organization Arconic markets her solutions for aluminum windows, doors and facades.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As the (Tax) Controller you will report to the Finance Director Europe and will have substantial interaction with other department leads in the organization, including Accounting, FP&A, Compliance as well as the global tax organization in the USA. You will guarantee the reliability of the accounting closings in local GAAPs and of the tax processes for Arconic Europe entities located in in France, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain and Portugal. While most of tax decisions are managed and made at corporate level in the USA, the successful candidate will insure the day to day coordination of the stakeholders involved in the processes mentioned above (global tax organization, business and country controllers, shared services, external accounting firms and auditors).
For the entities located in France, Netherlands, and subsidiaries located in Belgium, Czech Republic and Portugal:
- manage daily accounting work and monthly closing with our shared service center and external accounting firms
- be the main contact for auditors
- implement internal control practices on the main processes:
- Approval routing of requests and payments (payroll, purchases, T&E, …)
- Reduce manual payments to a minimum
- Review journal entries and balance sheet variations etc
- supervise the Arconic Audit and Self-Assessment process in Europe (SOX) and develop control objectives and tests in collaboration with BCS compliance Director
- supervise our subcontractors (accounting firms) where applicable and contribute to the preparation, review and timely submission of income tax returns and statutory accounts
- support local teams in their interactions with the external audit team, especially on tax matters
- review and submit responses to tax audit inquiries including audits at the local and group levels.
- work with the Accounting, FP&A and Tax departments to develop and implement transfer pricing and recharges polices for our European entities; Defend our transfer pricing policies through audits by tax authorities
- manage all internal tax reporting requirements (deferred tax reconciliations, forecast annual effective tax rate, cash tax obligations).
- oversee income tax accounting including FIN48 analysis, assertions and calculations.
- provide global and regional finance leaders accurate assessments of the Company's current and future tax positions.
- proactively search and keep our entities updated with the most recent evolutions in tax regulation
- contribute to specific analysis and projects as required by the Finance Director
- search for tax optimization within the Group with the help of external contributors
- a BSc or MSc in Accounting or Tax
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably at a big-4 and inhouse
- English and Dutch is mandatory! (able to read French is a strong advantage)
Very nice colleagues, a good, friendly and ambitious working environment, good remuneration and growth opportunities.
For more information contact Leonie Verheul, 06 83 19 68 92 / LeonieVerheul at MichaelPage . nl