Consultant Strategic Development
GLS is a very large well known logistics agency.
This role will include developing your skills and growing into the organisation.
Over onze klant
The GLS Head Office in Oude Meer (NL), consisting of employees with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies. The team works with GLS businesses and functional teams, supplying them with deep business insights and actionable strategic input. Responsibilities of the Corporate Development team range from global projects at Group level to high-impact projects within specific countries or areas. Typical projects could be as broad as the evaluation of GLS' global footprint, the creation of a market entry strategy in a certain region or the identification and mapping of new growth opportunities.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Working along with management and deployment of strategic projects, tracking progress and ensuring tasks are being carried out in accordance with business requirements;
- Supporting business preparation for performance meetings with the GLS Group CEO, including review of the papers, action updates and providing feedback to senior stakeholders;
- Working collaboratively with Group Area Managing Directors and Company Managing Directors to drive strategy execution and partner on area strategy projects;
- Leading and supporting cross-functional project teams to identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and catalyze actions against these priorities;
- Providing support to Director Corporate Development GLS and the GLS Group Board in management of day-to-day business reporting, governance and management processes;
- Ensuring the Director Corporate Development is aware of on-going issues, highlighting potential risks or emerging problems early and working with businesses to manage where necessary;
- Managing relationships with Royal Mail Group Centre and GLS business units;
- Supporting business leaders with the preparation of papers for Executive Board meetings, in line with agreed processes;
- Undertaking market analysis and due diligence activity and translating into high quality, professional briefing materials;
- Staying abreast of and sharing industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends.
- Proven thought-leader with 2-5 years in consulting, corporate strategy/development, business development, corporate strategic planning, or investment banking;
- Educated to degree level with strong attention to detail and good planning, numerical and organisation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Pro-active and hands-on way of working;
- Ability to share your ideas in different levels in the organization;
- Ability to assimilate large volumes of information quickly and accurately to provide insight;
- Excellent written communications skills, with ability to identify and present key points concisely and effectively;
- Highly credible, with ability to work collaboratively and quickly establish respect from peers and senior managers;
- Ideally experience/knowledge of the parcels market, including competitor knowledge and an active interest in the parcels industry;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. German and/or other European languages are an advantage.
Great salary and growth opportunities.