Compliance & Safety Engineer
A worldwide innovative company
Small team big achievements
Over onze klant
Lely, established in 1948, focuses on a sustainable, profitable and comfortable future within the agricultural sector. The cow and it's milk are the center of all innovations from the Lely company. Lely invents, designs and builds high-end robots that increase the flexibility and production of a dairy farm.
For more than 25 years Lely is an established name in the production, invention, sales and service of automatized systems for the dairy farms. Growing from a small garage to a huge innovative production facility in Maassluis (NL) they are employing more than 900 employees in the Netherlands and another 600 worldwide. Even though they are still growing into a bigger company their mentality is still very much like a start-up where innovation is celebrated and supported.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Compliance and machine safety is a priority for Lely and their machines. The team of compliance engineers are there for separated from the Engineering department and a standalone with the authority needed. As an advisor, expert and control officer you will support the engineers from the start of the design process until production. Lely distribute their machines worldwide, this means that you will need gain extensive knowledge from all over the world for machine safety and compliance. Your main tasks:
- Visiting (test)farms to understand and see the products at work and you will do risk analysis;
- Checking and discussing products and parts from suppliers and their compliance;
- Informing your colleagues at Product Management and Development;
- Managing your relations and information from certifications offices;
- Checking documentation delivered by Product Development like work instructions and test reports;
- Supporting service and quality when problems and question arise about product safety.
This incredible and challenging job requires a certain type of compliance engineer. We are looking for someone who actively works to increases the product safety and compliance standard. You know or finds out where to get the information that you need and will be creative in your solution to gain the optimum between compliance, safety and profitability. Do you have:
- Technical Bachelor/Master degree;
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of some or all: Electrical Safety (CSA,UL, EMC or LVD), Machine Safety (2006/42/EU) or Food Safety (EU1935/2004, FDA);
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Lely offers an exciting and challenging job within one of the most innovative and biggest production companies within the Netherlands with an international mindset and expansion towards most upcoming economies. Aside from all this they offer:
- A competitive salary package;
- Great secondary benefits (with a mind blowing 40 paid holidays);
- An open and comfortable working environment;
- Their very own coffee bar with an actual barista;
- Real growth and development possibilities.