- Do you want to work in a fast developing banking environment?
- Do you want to work in an eager and dedicated team?
About Our Client
The Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (MHFG or the Mizuho Group) is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Through its legally-owned subsidiaries it offers a broad range of services including banking, trust banking and securities, and other business related to financial services through its group companies. The total Mizuho Group and its subsidiaries has approximately 56,000 staff working worldwide. In Japan, Mizuho has approximately 800 branches which serve 24 million individual customers and cover ca. 70% of Japan's listed companies. Outside of Japan, Mizuho relies on a global network of 117 offices, within 32 different countries.
Mizuho Bank Europe N.V. ("MBE") is a fully licensed bank incorporated in the Netherlands and supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank ("DNB") and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten ("AFM"). MBE was established in 1974 and has always been located in Amsterdam. We employ around 90 FTE and have three foreign branches (Brussels, Madrid and Vienna).
The Legal & Compliance department is responsible for effective and efficient management of legal, compliance and regulatory advisory services and ensuring effective management of regulatory, legal, compliance and contractual risks. Further, the department organises the SB and ACC meetings on annual basis as well as the permanent education of the MB and SB. The Legal & Compliance department services the whole bank, including its foreign offices. The department consists of 9 staff; the Head of Legal & Compliance, 5 Compliance Officers (3 in Amsterdam, 1 in Madrid, 1 in Vienna and 1 Brussel), 1 Legal Counsel Transactions and 1 Legal Counsel, Assistant Corporate Secretary.
Compliance for MBE is centrally organized out of Amsterdam with some specific tasks for each Compliance Officer to execute in each of MBE branches. The Compliance Officer supports the Senior Director, Head of Legal & Compliance of MBE for handling compliance and regulatory matters in the bank and branches. The role of the Compliance Officer is to ensuring that all compliance and reputational risk and liability issues of the bank and branches are adequately addressed. The Compliance Officer will provide (solicited an unsolicited) advise to the Head of Legal & Compliance and staff on compliance matters. It assists in implementing the compliance programs and the accomplishment thereof upon instructions of the Head of Legal & Compliance. Further, it supports development of ethical/moral business norms in the bank.
The Compliance officer is responsible for:
- Pro-actively advising, support and assisting the Head of Legal & Compliance, staff and clients on compliance/ AML issues within the regulatory and internal rules & regulations, to mitigate compliance and regulatory risks of the Bank and its staff.
- Maintaining effective compliance in MBE and branches through (a.o.) establishing MBE Compliance Policies, Procedures and documentation, and the update/review of these in line with good standards and recent developments.
- Support the Head of Legal & Compliance and assist in (ad hoc) local and international bank wide projects.
- Assist the Head of Legal & Compliance in preparing timely reporting to MBE's home member state and host member state regulators / supervisors, Head Office and external counsels
- Collect, monitor and analyze laws/regulations/regulatory trends related to MBE's activities and inform, advice and support internal stakeholders with appropriate actions
- Support in the establishing and promoting of the Compliance Action Programs for MBE.
- Support in the establishment, maintenance and update of the overall risk monitoring tools (Fircosoft, Prima, KYC, GE and other monitoring tools) and conduct the overall risk monitoring
- Conducting education and training and increasing awareness related to Compliance for staff in the office.
- Support in assessing, coordinating and maintaining possible conflicts of MBE as well as incident management. Further support the Head of Legal & Compliance in handling of country and cross border compliance incidents and investigations when needed.
- When acknowledge suspected compliance violations and potential compliance breaches/issues in the execution of duties in the office report directly into the Head of Legal & Compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- Completed University degree, preferably in Law or Certification Compliance in Financial Market with at least 3 years PQE.
- Strong knowledge on/working experience in compliance, AML/TF (Wwft etc), transaction monitoring, sanctions ethics and regulatory and compliance topics in financial industry (e.g. Wft, EMIR, MiFID, PSD2).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships based on trust.
- Good analytical skills and independent thinking and execution.
- Dealing with complex and confidential issues involving competing interests.
- Open mind, willing to contribute to innovation and able to deliver results in tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Dutch, Japanese, German and/or Spanish are a plus.
What's on Offer