Compliance Officer Europe & Asia
The Compliance Officer oversees the Europe & Asia compliance program
Functioning as an independent body to review/evaluate compliance issues
About Our Client
A petrochemical company
- Ensure the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies
- Ensure that company's policies and procedures are being followed
- Act as staff to the corporate CCO (Chief Compliance Officer) by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance
- The Compliance Officer E/A, together with the Corporate Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective Europe & Asia compliance program.
5. Develops, initiates, influences, maintains, and revises Europe policies and local procedures for the generaloperation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Europe Program
6. Support corporate areas as risk management and internal audit locally.
7. Conduct investigations in the event of irregularities reported on the ethics line.
8. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
9. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's desired e.g. in Business Administration
- 10 years' work related experience
- Knowledge in developing internal Policies, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of Europe laws and regulations, such as FCPA, UKBA, ISO 37001, anti-trust
Excellent (German= a plus) English skills (written and orally)
What's on Offer
An excellent benefits package.