Compliance Office Corporate & Institutional Banking
As Compliance Advisor you will be part of the (2nd line) Compliance team
This role forms part of the CIB Compliance team
Over onze klant
An international bank
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- You will participate in various projects and initiatives aimed at improving the mitigation of Financial Crime risk.
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business on any Financial Crime risk related matters.
- You will guide and oversee CIB's implementation of relevant policies.
- You will review Client Due Diligence files prepared by the CIB business, to assess Financial Crime risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion.
- You will provide advice to senior business management on the acceptability of 'increased risk' clients. At onboarding stage, during periodic reviews and for event-driven reviews.
- You will attend and participate in Client Acceptance committee meetings to explain Compliance advice / viewpoints to the business senior management.
- You will liaise with other experts within Compliance and other functions (e.g. Legal, Tax, Sustainability) in providing appropriate advice to the business.
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of Financial Crime related risks and regulations.
- You will guide and coach more junior team members.
- You have at minimum of 8 years work experience, of which 4 years in a 2nd line Compliance function in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have a Master's degree in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You are an expert in laws, regulations and banking industry practices in the field of AML/CFT and Sanctions.
- You have direct experience with KYC/CDD files for large corporate and institutional clients / complex business clients with an international dimension.
- You are fluent in English (and preferably Dutch)
- You have a strong understanding of corporate and investment banking and associated product sets such as (syndicated) lending, transactional banking, trade finance, corporate finance, global markets and investment products.
- You are aware of and interested in the complex international business environment and geopolitical context in which our clients operate.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
An interesting challenge