- Great opportunity to build up Fifa Clearing House from Scratch
- Play a role in promoting and protecting the integrity of professional football
About Our Client
The establishment of the FIFA Clearing House (FCH) is a key element of the transfer system reform package adopted by FIFA in order to promote and protect the integrity of professional football. The FCH is established in the Netherlands as a wholly owned subsidiary of FIFA and will act as a PSD2 licensed payment service provider. The FCH will initially process payment of training rewards (according to FIFA's Regulation on the Status and Transfer of Players) between clubs with a long-term aim of ensuring all payments in the football industry adhere to strict financial regulation.
The main purpose of this role is to direct the FIFA Clearing House entity as the leader of the Management Board. The CEO will also ensure that all operational and business activities are delivered in line with the overall strategy and mission of the FCH. To be successful within this international organisation, you should have a "hands on" and problem solving mind-set. You are highly organized and have a proven ability to interface with all levels. You have strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Lead the Management Board (CRCO and CFO) to develop high quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives of the entity.
- Manage external stakeholders' relations with FIFA and the Dutch supervisory authorities, including the Financial Markets Authority (AFM) and De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB).
- Manage internal stakeholders' relations with the Supervisory Board, the Management team and relevant departments of the entity, including Risk Management, Compliance, Finance and Legal Affairs.
- Manage the outsourcing partner to ensure high quality and efficient execution of the FIFA clearing house activities.
- Ensure the divisions and stakeholders within the FCH are aware of the strategic and regulatory risks, policies and tasks in the relationship with the regulator and ensure the implementation of the same, including the alignment of knowledge and information at various levels within the organisation.
- Analyse, evaluate and mitigate financial crime risks associated with the relevant processes of the FCH, including onboarding of Clubs.
- Prepare relevant content for regular consultations, information and reports with DNB.
- Identify and advise the organisation on regulatory developments in the regulatory domain.
- Translate regulations into policies and procedures and implement them.
- General management and oversight of all FCH staff, including recruitment and development.
- Regular reporting to the Supervisory Board of the FCH.
The Successful Applicant
- General Company Director experience (regulation, legal, finance, HR and/or operations).
- Knowledge of EU and Dutch financial regulation related to financial markets (GDPR, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft)).
- Knowledge in KYC and KYB experience in a financial institution with regulatory requirements (including anti-money laundering regulation).
- 10+ years relevant work experience in the areas of Banking, PSP, Risk, Finance or Information technology, with a background of (KYC related) regulatory responsibilities in the financial services sector.
- Previous AFM\DNB Policy Maker (integrity and suitability screening) approval a benefit.
- Proven track record within KYC and/or AML, including having held previous General Management positions steering large-scale operations.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to respond to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Persuasive and a natural leader; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders, both internal and external.
- A passion for the detail - excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
What's on Offer