Business Intelligence Manager
Challenging management role within a global fast growing E-Commerce organisation
Applications from outside the EU will not be processed
Over onze klant
OTTO B.V. is part of the worldwide Otto Group. Together, we have around 52,000 colleagues in more than 123 companies and more than 30 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia with sales of almost 14 billion Euro in 2017/18.
OTTO B.V. represents one of the Netherlands biggest OTTO Group members. Allocated in Tilburg, you will influence the future of e-commerce, the e-commerce spirit of OTTO as well as the innovative power of our group. The co-operation of all teams makes otto.nl even better. That sounds exciting? Then let's start together.
Business intelligence is a key driver for the development of a "data driven company". We are using one of the largest BI platforms in Europe. You will experience BI in all its facets: Big Data, Data Science, Reporting and Data Analytics. Apply now and become part of the team!
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As a Team Business Intelligence Manager, you will manage ETL processes, Data Administration, Data Analytics and Visualization for all angles of an e-Commerce Business (Customer, Assortment and Channel).
To be successful in this role, you'll need to put your top notch analytical and interpersonal skills to use. The successful candidate will have strong people management skills and should have successful experience in working in and with teams and in building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise with all aspects of the solution design and implementation, including requirements definition, data acquisition processes, data modeling, process and data automation, escalation procedures, construction and deployment.
- Management of all aspects related to the ongoing progress of the project starting from the design phase (gathering business requirements, available information analysis, and architectural analysis) through the development phases and finally the QA.
- Guide and oversee a team of analytics and visualization developers to work together to complete the project quickly and efficiently. Maintain time lines, budget, and risks for projects.
- Research outliers and identify root causes of issues in reports; Communicate data nuances and insights to all levels of the company in a clear and concise manner.
- Work together with other Business teams to improve the company's reporting capabilities and improve the accuracy of data.
- Prototype, validate and deploy analytic techniques which deliver unique value to the organization. Proactively consult with business stakeholders to identify ways to better leverage the data in their day to day processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of related working experience
- Three or more years of experience using tableau to build visualizations and dashboards that document key findings to drive future optimization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present analyses and recommend specific action(s) to be taken.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects for various internal customers.
- Professional and ethical conduct, strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work across boundaries and collaborate with other departments for results.
- Understand how and when to make a choice independently; how and when to escalate issues; how to analyze risks and future impacts of decisions.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with at least one of the following databases: Oracle, Teradata, Exasol and BigQuery.
- Experience with other reporting tools (Microsoft SSRS & SSIS, PowerBI, SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in data mining and modelling to able to make predictive analytics.
- Experience in e-Commerce or Retails is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the English language is a must.
- Good knowledge of the German language is s plus.
The offer the potential Business Intelligence Manager:
- A market conform salary
- Sufficient possibilities for further education
- A performance related bonus system
- A reasonable amount of holidays
- 8% holiday allowance
- Good pension arrangement
- Travel allowance home-work
- Personnel discount on the total otto.nl assortment
- Good coffee, tea and fresh fruits