- Challenging opportunity within a great team!
- A Global role at a great employer!
About Our Client
Akzo Nobel has been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there's a good chance you're only ever a few meters away from one of their products. Their world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Akzo Nobel is active in more than 150 countries and has set sights on becoming the global industry leader. It's what you'd expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
The Sales Excellence team, as part of the Customer Excellence team, supports the management teams of the Business Units in building a more effective sales organization.
The foundation of the Sales Excellence activities are fact based, data driven analyses of markets, customers, teams and organization.
As a Business Analyst CX you will use different data source to assess current situation and performance to identify improvement areas.
Based on the analyses you will support the business in building models for sales segmentation and customer engagement strategies.
Sales Excellence projects have a clear scope, e.g., a specific country or a region. You will work closely together with the regional BU management team and in strong collaboration with the CX Capability manager.
As a Business Analyst CX you will be also involved in customer centric projects like Customer Satisfaction Surveys. Across all 8 BU's Customer Satisfaction Surveys will be held at least once a year. The output is a key indicator on how customers rate AkzoNobel, the so called NPS score. The customers feedback is an important driver to define the improvement roadmap. As an analyst you give input for the set up for the survey, analyze the results and define and measure the impact of the improvement plans.
For Customer Satisfaction you will challenge regional (sales)management on their improvement plans and discuss progress accordingly.
- Financially driven analyses of customers and markets, based on the Sales Effectiveness playbook
- Validate analyses with sales management in 1:1 or team sessions.
- Organize and co-lead workshops with different stakeholders across the business to build sales segmentation models and define a customer engagement strategy
- Discuss the outcome of the SE projects with Senior Management
- With understanding of the key drivers for improvement of customer experience you challenge local (sales) management for the improvement plans
- You analyze the improvement plans for best practices and challenge (senior)management to reapply these in their business.
- Participate and or support in (new) Customer Excellence projects (across the domains of CX) based on your business and/or customer knowledge and expertise.
- Pro-actively support and challenge the CX capability manager in defining initiatives for improvement
- Drive analyses on the implementation of initiatives for SE and CSAT projects to measure the (financial) results and impact of provided recommendations.
- Contribute to SE roadmap to develop capabilities for the commercial organization
The Successful Applicant
Core functional competences:
- Customer Insight - Puts customer insights and market understanding at the heart of all sales & marketing thinking to drive competitive advantage.
- Commercial Effectiveness - Applies robust analysis and judgement to improve commercial effectiveness and efficiency, delivering optimal financial return. Has a strong Value mind set, e.g. able to identify and impact on revenue, cost and or customer satisfaction levers / kpi's based on analysis and recommendations.
- Project Management - Plans, organizes and manages resources and activities to achieve specified outcomes within clearly defined timeframes and standards.
- Continuous improvement - Have a continuous improvement mind set, and further professionalizes the process, content, way of working on an ongoing basis where appropriate.
- Value Management - Have a solid understanding and has experience in detailing Business Cases, with clear KPI tracking. This should be continuously used to navigate, e.g. determine success and or (re) prioritize of projects.
Education, diplomas and professional permits:
- University Degree, University Education with Degree or equivalent qualification, post-graduate marketing qualification desirable (Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Commercial Economy)
- Previous experience working in sales & marketing positions, understanding how AkzoNobel is doing business
- Able to think outside - in, the customer is pivotable in how you work
- Good communication, relationship building skills (across various levels).
- Great team player, with a collaborative personality and ability to build strong personal relationships.
- Strong analysis, (not too fast) judgement and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop innovative approaches to solve problems with sustainable results.
- Pro-active, self-starter, takes initiative and does not take no for an answer
What's on Offer
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays; participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan; travel expenses to and from work opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role laptop and mobile telephone flexible working environment