- Organized financial accountant with experience leading a team
- Revelent industry expereince in Banking or Financial Services
Over onze klant
Our client is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Through its legally-owned subsidiaries, it offers a broad range of services, including banking, trust banking and securities, and other business related to financial services through its group companies. The group has approximately 56,000 staff working worldwide.
They are a fully licensed bank incorporated in the Netherlands and supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten. Since its establishment in the 1970s, it has always been centrally located in Amsterdam with 3 other foreign branches over Europe.
- All accounting and internal control policies and frameworks
- A proper set-up, enhancement and maintenance of the general ledger
- The budget cycle and reporting
- The periodical reconciliations of the general ledger
- VAT and related tax reporting for all four offices
- Financial operations such as purchase and sales invoices, payments, accrual and prepayment bookings, fixed assets, etc.
- Audit assistance
- Standard bank Confirmations
The ideal candidate is a leader with an entrepreneurial state of mind and a hands-on mentality to lead the Accounting team. He/she clearly communicates with all stakeholders, understanding their needs, and is able to convince improvements and turnarounds.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business economics or Finance
- Min 6-8 years of experience in an accounting function, preferably in an international bank, with demonstrable experience with leading teams
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP. Knowledge of IFRS is an advantage
- English and Dutch, business level in verbal and writing. Other languages, German or Spanish, are an advantage
- Data-driven and analytically strong
- Advanced excel skills and basic knowledge of SQL is an advantage
- Ambitious self-starter with perseverance and ability to work independently
- Team-player who is driven by a professional performance environment
- Proactive, pragmatic, hands-on and a flexible working attitude
- Unique opportunity of working in a dynamic international and multicultural environment and being part of one of the largest financial institutions in the world
- Competitive remuneration package