- Developing new technologies and Material handling solutions
- Design layouts, processes of the proposed solutions or improvements
Over onze klant
Established in 2011, our client is one of the fastest growing logistics service providers in the world and specializes in innovative logistics services by developing and applying optimized solutions and providing SCM consultancy to customers based on their own platform. The company is active worldwide in 40 countries employing more than 4.500 logistics experts. In the Netherlands they have 6 DC's and are still growing. The DC's are mainly based in North-Brabant (Tilburg & Breda). Developments go quicly and they always want to meet the requirements of their customers. This makes their organisation a dynamic and challenging environment to work in.
As Automation and technology Manager you propose right solutions including technology and automation for both new customers or existing operations. You interact with cross-functional personnel to resolve operational problems and ensure compliance with customer requirements, quality goals, service levels, inventory accuracy, and performance standards, identifies process exceptions, formulates recommendations, and implements process improvements.
- Support business projects in Europe and CIS by developing new technologies and Material handling solutions for existing and new warehouse solutions.
- Analyze customer profile and translate into efficient and cost-effective automation / MHS designs
- Design layouts, processes of the proposed solutions or improvements.
- Provide project plan including timelines, estimated material needs and costs.
- Build a technology and automation data base; including capacities, costs and system connectivity capacity (by consulting widely and with Logistics Systems Integration Engineer).
- Find new technologies and equipment considering specification
- Manage the ideal technology to implement or to put in Pipeline list
- Build contact and manage relation with technology and MH suppliers
- Manage purchasing processes
- Generate RFP, define equipment specifications
- Evaluate technical aspects & Confirm equipment specifications
- Make contract and generate PO
- Preparing automation and MHE to be examined.
- Perform user trainings and coaching; generate Work instruction, safety measures.
- Support operations implementation (new tech)
As automation and technology Manager you must have high integrity and accountability standards, good analysis and communication skills, practical experience in operation management is an advantage. You should build connection and maintain them with different suppliers of technology and automation. You will manage the purchasing process and evaluate the technology specifications.
- At least HBO / Bachelor degree, preferably a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, supply chain and logistics management or related technical engineering.
- 5-7 years of experience in a logistics environment and relevant role (design warehouse automation equipment)
A salary between €65.000 and €75.000 depending on your work experience together with secondary benefits as a company bonus, fully paid health insurance and further secondary benefits.