You are here
VAT Compliance Specialist
- Responsible for all VAT Compliance within Europa
- Located at the European HQ near Amsterdam of a US multinational in FMCG
About Our Client
Our client is a thriving FMCG multinational from the United States with their European HQ based in de Amsterdam region.
- Prepare and file the VAT returns, VAT listings and Intra stat reports in all European countries including arranging for timely and accurate VAT payments;
- Handle all VAT compliance related inquiries from the Tax authorities;
- Be involved in all VAT Tax compliance projects and Tax audits;
- Process, record and report all VAT accounting processes in a complete, accurate and timely manner;
- Prepare monthly VAT account reconciliations within the general ledger;
- Be responsible for monthly VAT Tax provisions;
- Be responsible for VAT monthly cash and account forecasts;
- Create and maintain proper VAT compliance documentation and communication for internal and external use and in order to support VAT exemptions claimed.
Keywords: VAT, BTW, Intrastat, FMCG, Nederland, Europa, VAT Accountant, BTW Accountant, BTW Compliance Specialist.
The Successful Applicant
- Multiple years of relevant experience with International tax and/ or a finance department (experience with European VAT Compliance and Reporting);
- Combined professional VAT experience should be 2 years minimum;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, excellent ability with Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with bookkeeping programs (SAP);
- Experience in accounting preferably in an international environment is an advantage;
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch;
- Other main European languages are a benefit;
- Motivated to work in a very international and dynamic environment;
- Numerical and analytical skills;
- Planning and organizational skills.
What's on Offer