You are here
Territory Sales Manager
- Industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide
- Technical Business Development professional with growth potential
About Our Client
Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions that deliver increased performance for our customers worldwide. Nexans' teams are committed to a partnership approach that supports customers in four main business areas: Power transmission and distribution (submarine and land), Energy resources (Oil & Gas, Mining and Renewables), Transportation (Road, Rail, Air, Sea) and Building (Commercial, Residential and Data Centers). Nexans' strategy is founded on continuous innovation in products, solutions and services, employee development, customer training and the introduction of safe, low-environmental-impact industrial processes. With an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs close to 25,000 people and generating sales in 2015 of nearly 6.2 billion euros. The organization is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris.
Our client Nexans Cabling Solutions, part of Nexans, is determined to strengthen its commercial activities in The Netherlands. Nexans Cabling Solutions is specialized in structured cabling infrastructures for data, voice, video and building management applications, being one of the few companies that design all components used in a fully matched LAN system and control their manufacturing. Headquartered in Buizingen (Halle), Belgium, the organization distributes its products and services in more than 50 countries.
The Territory Sales Manager will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager and due to the strong international nature of the group, you will closely interact with your colleagues in both the Netherlands and in the other countries.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage sales and projects business opportunities that will contribute to the organization's short and long-term business goals
- Manage market research or analysis projects: evaluate findings, prepare reports and make recommendations to senior management about the viability of alternative opportunities
- Establish long-term professional relationships with potential clients, customers and partners to promote the organization's products and services
- Refer sales leads and customer feedback to appropriate contacts within the organization and liaise with other functional and operational area members to ensure that these referrals are followed-up promptly
- In liaison with the Regional Sales Manager and KAM, develop and execute local Key Account sales strategy and plan, and drive penetration within the identified key accounts
- Maintain and develop relationships and penetration within "Fortune 500" or national equivalent benchmark
- Engage closely with key Multinational Consultants and System Integrators, building strong business and personal relations
- Monitor competition sales/marketing activities and price levels, and provide relevant information
- Maintain comprehensive customer data via CRM
- Provide feedback to the organisation on customer demand and needs
- Monitor and report on customer satisfaction with the quality of products and services
- Perform any other duties within the scope of the role
The Successful Applicant
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelors degree in economics and / or business administration
- 5-7 years of experience in a commercial role within a technical environment, preferably with a facility management / IT background
- Strong experience with consultative selling methodologies (strategic selling)
- A track record in selling through indirect channel models to end users
- Strong established relations with key personnel within key accounts, consultants and system integrators / installers.
- Proven ability to sell and specify technical solutions at all levels of an organization by demonstrating significant business process improvements.
- Good network systems knowledge including cabling, network equipment, network management, technologies and trends.
- Technical sales, negotiation and contracting skills, IT literate
- Analytical strong, results orientation, drive to win
- A self-starter, flexible/adaptable in an international team environment and able to work remotely
- Excellent listener and communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What's on Offer
Outstanding primary and secondary benefits (based on level of experience)