You are here
- Exciting opportunity for a qualified procurement professional
- Excellent career opportunities in a multinational environment
About Our Client
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. Elekta operates a centralized Procurement function operating across four main hubs, situated in UK/Sweden/Netherlands & China APAC. The Procurement function is structured as a matrix organization with centralized leadership and local management in each of the hubs responsible for the smooth delivery of transactional responsibilities.
This role will report to the Head of Procurement in Veenendaal.
As Strategic Buyer you will achieve the lowest total cost through e.g. negotiation, consolidation and value engineering, whilst improving results on quality and on time delivery. You are responsible for further strengthening and development of our world class Procurement team and will operate in the supply market of direct materials.
- Continuously develop and maintain Supplier Relationship Management strategies including a governance structure and use of regular business reviews ensuring an inclusive approach to supplier management.
- Contribute to sourcing category strategies and executing plans in order to meet tactical and operational targets.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction and efficiency strategies.
- Participate in the Product Creation Process to ensure early supplier involvement and to meet cost targets.
- Lead on the selection of suppliers in compliance with the Elekta sourcing process whilst ensuring selection is robust and fit for purpose.
- Negotiate best practice terms with suppliers and ensure robust supply agreements are in place with key suppliers.
- Identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans in order to secure business continuity.
- Reduce and consolidate the approved vendor list.
- Monitor and improve supplier's performance on cost, quality, delivery and contract compliance.
- Encourage open book costing and competitive tendering.
- Maintain all system parameters and data integrity for Procurement systems.
- Additional responsibilities cover benchmarking activities in: Low Cost Country Sourcing, Direct Material spend, Supplier consolidation opportunities, identifying market trends, and supply trends.
- Participate in the development of global procurement best practices.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and competences:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sourcing strategy deployment, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases.
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills.
- High level of business sensitivity and ability to think beyond the procurement function.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-developed IT skills and fluent in English, preferably with a second language (Dutch).
- Passion for reducing costs - exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish new approaches to sourcing.
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and work independently.
What's on Offer
- A challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment
- A full-time position (40 hours per week)
- A maximum gross yearly salary of €65.000,00 (ranking will be based on education and working experience)
- 40 vacation days per year (based on full-time employment) and the possibility to purchase up to 5 days off annually
- A variable profit sharing based on Business Volume and Operating Result.