You are here
Staff Accountant GL
Staff Accountant GL (m/f) at renowned retailer in Utrecht
GL accountant (m/f) ready for a second step and career boost
About Our Client
This well known retail brand is located near Utrecht, with a global headquarter in the USA. General Ledger is an integral part of the European Finance team in completing timely and accurate accounting of all activities in the General Ledger in accordance with FLE and US accounting guidelines and internal procedures.
As Staff Accountant GL you contribute by:
- Perform general ledger month, quarterly and year end closings by preparing journal entries to record the business activity
- Ensure that bank guarantees and deposits have all relevant back up available in the GL department.
- Coordinate with various departments (both finance and non-finance, across multiple countries) to ensure financial records are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analytic reviews to evaluate the accuracy of the entries booked and report to the supervisor on same.
- Should understand the problem identification and problem solving process and be able to follow through to get the result needed.
- Participate and prepare for internal and external audits.
The Successful Applicant
- HBO / Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent education with approximately 2 years of experience.
- Fluent in English (verbal & written) and clear & effective communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Flexible and open to new ideas
- Team player with service-oriented attitude while being able to work independently
- Proactive, well organized with hard working mentality
- Able to cope in an efficient and effective manner during busy periods
- Be able to support in process improvements and part take in new process initiatives
What's on Offer
- Full time job as Staff Accountant GL near Utrecht;
- Great opportunity to come on board and boost your career at an international company;
- A dynamic and challenging work environment within the retail sector.