You are here
(Sr.) Manager Internal Audit EMEA -Global Manufacturing Company
- Managerial position within leading company
- Rapidly growing company offering further growth
About Our Client
Our client is a Fortune 300 global manufacturing company with significant growth opportunities.
*Support the Regional Senior Director in all aspects of leading and transforming a new strategic direction for an evolving world-class function.
* Play a fundamental role in developing the European audit team's strategic approach to risk assessment, integrated and effective audit methodology, and impactful reporting. Emphasis on best practices in efficiently achieving high quality audits and reviews, with identified solutions, and timely reporting to relevant stakeholders.
* Support the Regional Senior Director in executing an effective audit plan, talent resourcing and management, and managing the overall budget for the European team.
* Closely work with the other Regional teams and the Worldwide IT Audit team, in executing a comprehensive and flexible audit plan, using an appropriate risk based methodology, standardizing better practices, and general training in areas of arising technical issues.
* Work with other members of the European audit team to proactively develop an effective relationship with all stakeholders in the Business Units (commercial and finance), Corporate Controller, Corporate Functional Leaders, and External Auditors. Understand, anticipate and balance the competing objectives of your stakeholders. Deliver pragmatic solutions.
* Support the Regional Senior Director in progressively managing, recruiting and developing a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certifications to achieve effective auditing, consistent with the Global Team's strategic direction, and with emphasis on leadership development.
* Effective and strategic use and management of co-sourcing arrangements with external internal audit firms, consistent with the Global Team's strategic direction, and with emphasis on synergies.
* Support various compliance initiatives including U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, and other areas of risk management.
* Assist the Regional Senior Director in benchmarking the department on a regular basis in pursuit of better practices. Further assist the Regional Senior Director to develop a balanced and progressive approach to training our staff with a cross-over of skill sets to ensure more effective coverage and succession planning. Balanced involvement with relevant professional organizations and roundtables.
The Successful Applicant
- Progressive financial and operational auditing in both public accounting and industry. Proven track record in leading and managing an audit team with emphasis on best practices in risk assessment, problem solving, and impactful reporting of audits. Large company experience, and particularly in manufacturing, is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with a major/minor or emphasis in Accounting and a CPA are required. MBA or other higher education is preferred. CIA and other similar certifications a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, business processes, and COSO and IIA standards. Awareness of IFRS is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to anticipate the next step.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with data analytics tools ( Excel, ACL, etc..).
- Ability to proactively learn, constantly pursue better practices, and energize others to do the same.
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration.
- There is a relocation package offered.
- 37 holiday days.
- Native English speaking is essential, Dutch is preferred.