You are here
Fast growing, innovative FMCG player
Broad and challenging role with an International scope
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing, international toy design and -development company, focusing on dynamic and creative (kids) loyalty campaigns. They work with retailers in more than 20 countries and are Headquartered in the center of Amsterdam.
You identify, evaluate and select suppliers and manage supplier relationships on both a global and regional basis, driving product demand optimizations and cost reductions. You are constantly looking for new suppliers and product options and will be on the road to visit manufacturers and trade fairs. You keep records and documentation about supplier information in an organized and structured way, including the total flow of a product and line-up.
Furthermore, you collect, analyze and compare price quotations and you report price insights. Pro-actively you identify and report (potential) risks and reduce them as much as possible. You are always on the hunt for reducing the cost by being creative, negotiate or finding more efficient ways of productions. You will proactively suggest these improvements to the design- and sales team. You have affinity with and follow trends/innovations in product design and production processes.
You are passionate about how a product is being made. You are a driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen.
For this position, it is vital to have strong negotiation skills, together with experience in purchasing and supplier relation management. A background and 'know-how' of production processes is preferred, to have smooth communication with the different manufacturers. Relative production processes include injection molding, printing, production of hard and soft toys. You are hands-on and happy to dive into all aspects of the production process. Legal, safety and logistical matters also capture your interest
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a related study, preferably:
- International trade and business
- Purchasing and supply chain management
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience
- Fluent in English language, both verbally and written; knowledge of the Dutch and Chinese language is preferred.
- You have affinity with the manufacturing process of a wide range of products.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Internationally experienced:
- Audited factories
- Sourced and developed products in Asia
- Driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen
- Related branches: Toys, Retail Loyalty, Product Engineering, Industrial Design, FMCG, creative branches
- Familiar with product specifications, product development and production processes (plastic industry, cardboard & paper industry, but also emerging new possibilities);
- Have the ability to understand and communicate technical information;
- Have the ability to work under pressure, autonomously and with tight deadlines;
- Excellent MS Office (Excel/Word) skills
- Basic understanding of Adobe CC (Indesign) and Keynote is preferable
- Love to work in an international environment with international colleagues
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and secondary benefits package