You are here
Senior Trade Control Counsel
- An opportunity to work in an international corporate environment
- An excellent position to start a career within this organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational corporation with leading positions in the chemical industry. It has operations in over 50 countries and sells products in many more. Certain of its products are controlled and certain countries to which products are exported are subject to international sanctions. The company takes compliance with export control and sanction regulations very seriously, and it has the ambition to operate a leading framework of export control and sanction compliance.
The Compliance organization is part of the Legal Group. It consists of centrally located compliance subject matter experts and support staff, regionally located business compliance managers and business located export control officers. The Compliance function is part of the Legal Group and reports to the General Counsel, a member of the client's executive committee. The function gets full support from the executive committee for its compliance strategy of being a leader in compliance.
The Compliance function is recruiting a Senior Trade Control Counsel with primary responsibility for trade controls, which include controls on trade of restricted products and controls on trade or payment to embargoed or restricted countries and parties. The position keeps track of relevant developments in laws, regulations and sanctions as well as relevant developments in politics, economics and society to the extent they may impact on trade, payments or travel. S/he sets and communicates compliance standards, trains designated business colleagues, helps implement and maintain automated controls, manages related compliance incidents and provides legal counsel.
This position is an excellent opportunity to work in an international corporate environment, in an important legal area, with a variety of business colleagues, close to the client's products and markets. It is also an excellent opportunity to be part of a wider group of legal professionals, to learn from their experiences and to pursue development and career opportunities in an ambitious corporate legal environment.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years of legal experience
- At least 5 years of experience in export control and sanctions
- A legal academic degree
- Excellent command of English
- Ability to take initiative and lead others
- Experience in working with different cultures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to co-operate with others and build relationships
- Being adaptive and able to innovate
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and set priorities
- Ability to work with software programs, databases and on-line platforms to manage information
- Discipline with standards and procedures
- Eagerness to constantly develop personal and professional knowledge and skills
What's on Offer