You are here
Senior Manager Operations
- Commercial People Manager with a hands-on attitude
- New role with growth potential
About Our Client
Medium sized international organisation within Business Services with its HQ in the US.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the Amsterdam office. Responsibilities can be divided into three groups:
- Consults with customers to understand their requirements and to align the company's solutions and services accordingly;
- Assists in the formulation of the company's Business Development Strategy and associated Sales Plans that leads to new account wins for the region;
- Conducts research on market segment and is able to articulate market conditions by identifying and communicating factors that will change the business current and future clients;
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (involving internal staff and/or clients) for new/existing client programs and/or changes;
- Participates in annual contract reviews with clients;
- Represents the company at marketing events, networking events, meetings with prospects or partners; Ability to network within the industry and demonstrates an understanding of buyer behavioural styles.
- Works cross functionally, directing the efforts of operations and functional staff to accomplish segment and company objectives;
- Ensures business centre compliance with all established practices, policies and procedures. Participates in the successful implementation of new technologies and operational policies and procedures;
- Works with the utilisation team to optimise future staffing and utilisation levels balancing client requirements and labour expense;
- Provides on-going training and conduct operational audits of operator managed sites and serve as primary point of contact for operator relating to relationship matters;
- Provides on-going training and conduct operational audits to ensure they are prepared to test on a limited number of days per year;
- Manages P&L profitability by conducting monthly review of revenues and expenses recommending appropriate action. Acts as liaison between the company and local contractors, vendors, or site staff;
- Researching and troubleshooting ongoing technical issues.
- Manages all personnel-related matters. This includes hiring, performance management, training, disciplinary actions and terminations;
- Provides appropriate guidance and coaching to subordinates in order to allow for career growth and succession planning.
The Successful Applicant
- College degree required, advanced degree a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of the Dutch marketplace and regulations;
- At least five years of experience as a manager within B-to-B BUSINESS SERVICES; including management of both direct employees and operators or distributors;
- Experience managing a budget; P&L management a plus;
- Ability to put together an annual strategic plan and operating budget;
- Working closely and collaboratively with varying levels of personnel throughout the organisation including account management and business development teams;
- Proven track record in effectively managing and developing subordinates;
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English, client relation skills, project management skills, time management and analytical skills to produce information in a concise and timely manner;
- Ability to travel to sites as needed, often on short notice.
What's on Offer
A new role with growth potential. The roles asks for a lot of flexibility and a hands-on attitude and offers a lot of freedom.