You are here
Senior Logistics Engineer
Senior Logistics Engineer wanted
for an international third party logistics provider
About Our Client
Over 100 locations in over 20 countries they are one of the best third party logistics providers and supply chain solutions providers all around the world.
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Solutions Engineer with a minimum of 7 years' experience in logistics, value added services and/or light manufacturing involving consumer electronics. You will be part of a global Technology Centre of Excellence with 2 core centers in the Netherlands and USA. In this role you will translate customers demand into a tailored logistical solution using your logistical knowledge, driven by your data analysis skills while understanding the do's and don't of our customer specific WMS / TMS and operations. Calculating, coordinating and presenting the state of the art solution to internal and external stakeholders will be part of your role
You will be part of a young, highly educated and energetic team driving best in class solutions and innovations in our operations. In conjunction with the other Senior Solutions engineers, you will lead and continuous develop the Solutions Engineering department in the Centre of Excellence. You have the ability to define, calculate, present and implement cutting edge solutions in our fast growing organization.
Key job functions for the senior Logistics Engineer:
- Provide best in class Business development and Strategic management support (RFQ's, RFI, green field analysis, best practice, investment support);
- Analyze RFQ documents to define and calculate "best in class" customer specific logistical solutions for new and existing customers;
- Work closely with Business Development/Account Management, Launch and Operational teams to develop and implement solutions that meet the requirements of the business;
- Structured transition of solution knowledge to the Project team and support as advisor during the implementation of the new business;
- Provide strategic analytic support in large investment projects to define requirements, capacities, costs, abilities and limitations related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment, including Robotics, conveyors, storage racking, AGV's, and miscellaneous items pertaining to specific projects;
- Assist with ongoing development and enhancement of standardized engineering tools and methods.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / logistics, or Operations Research or related fields with strong background in logistic engineering design and cost savings initiatives;
- Seven or more years' experience in a fast moving High Tech or Logistics environment
- Minimum of 4 years RFQ analysis, customer specific solution definition and solution presentation experience to senior management and customers;
- Fluent English speaking, additional European languages are considered a plus;
- Flexible in time and place, availability to travel when needed, if needed;
- Valid Passport to travel EMEA & US, valid car driving license.
Desirable additional skills (not mandatory):
- Knowledge and proven skills in using CAD software and CAST aurora supply chain network design software;
- Knowledge and proven skills in using and programming in SQL;
- Experience with MTM UAS and SOL, Six Sigma or other lean tools.
What's on Offer
- Inspiring environment;
- Competetive salary;
- International organisation;