You are here
Senior Legal and Compliance Manager - Investment Company
- Leading Investment Company
- Corporate Governance, Compliance, Corporate Law
About Our Client
Our client is a leading investment company with a Net Asset Value of USD 12 billion. They have a global reach with their unique position and access in Europe and the United States combined with a multi-cultural team that is able to operate comfortably throughout the world.
For their new headquarter in Amsterdam, the Netherlands we currently recruit a Senior Legal and Compliance Manager. In this position you will report to the CFO.
- Support the business by providing legal and compliance advice and guidance in relation to existing and new business initiatives;
- Monitor Dutch and global regulatory developments and identify new regulations impacting the business, recommending and documenting action as appropriate;
- Prepare and respond to any compliance related applications or audits, internal or external as appropriate;
- Setting priorities and judging what can be handled internally or by outside counsel. Managing outside counsels;
- Working closely with management board, internal stakeholders and outside counsels on negotiating, drafting and/or reviewing of documents and contracts;
- Organizing board meetings, preparing agenda's, board packs and minutes of the company, and shareholder's resolutions or proxies for its subsidiaries;
- Represent the company before regulators and supervisory authorities, such as the Dutch Central Bank and Dutch Tax Authority.
The Successful Applicant
- (Dutch) Master of Law degree (LLM), preferably in corporate law;
- 7 to 10 years' relevant experience as an in-house legal counsel or compliance manager preferably with some years at a listed company;
- Understanding the needs of an investment company with operations across the globe;
- In depth knowledge of (inter)national corporate law, corporate governance and compliance;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Dutch and English (written and verbally), further language skills are useful and welcome;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
What's on Offer
Challenging position, competitive package.