You are here
Senior Lead Accountant - Fixed Assets
- International player within the chemical industry
- Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets
About Our Client
Our client is a large international player within the chemical industry who markets and sells its products globally, located centrally in Rotterdam.
The position is responsible for ensuring accurate complete and timely transactional processing and analysis with consistent application of global accounting procedures (in line with policy). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Capital vs. Expense rulings, monitoring construction in progress, depreciation posting and variance analysis, fixed asset creation, retirements, sales, transfers, capital project closure, resolving fixed asset issues globally, SAP implementation and testing in the asset and project systems modules, and preparing 10K disclosures.
- Provide support and guidance to Fixed Asset peers in delivering efficient and effective processes on behalf of all stakeholders.
- Participate in cross functional teams representing process area as the SME to ensure appropriate implementation of agreed improvement solutions
- Seek, provide, support and implement process improvement initiatives agreed to by the Process Owner.
- Provide resolution for global process issues. Encourage initiative and self-directed performance. Escalate unresolved issues.
- Deliver expectations and take appropriate actions to continuously meet expectations of customers and governance functions in provision of accounting services.
- Deliver to the expectations of the Process Owner in performing the respective processes ensuring tasks, activities and sub-processes are standardised and aligned across the team.
- Provide decision support and analysis to the Process Owner to ensure information/analysis provided is properly evaluated and supported.
- Bring suggestions and provide support to the Process Owner for tracking implemented performance indicators and metrics and explaining trends in performance.
- Perform SOX controls in accordance with internal control guidelines and maintain evidence of control for area of responsibility.
- Mentor junior staff as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOX/404 requirements highly desired.
- Knowledge of configuration, design and testing of SAP asset module and/or project systems module.
- Exposure to technical knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS accounting principles related to a wide variety of topics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a metric driven environment preferred.
- Experience of working in different international geographical regions preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Dedicated to driving continuous process improvements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure analytically and systematically.
- Ability to influence management decisions and behaviours that have an impact on process effectiveness.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
Market conform salary