You are here
Senior Internal Auditor
- Interesting stand-alone position within Internal Audit
- Reporting directly to CEO & CFO
About Our Client
Our client is a payment institution and subject to Governance of the DNB and AFM.
Provide independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal processes and the control environment in the area of Finance, Operations & IT. Carry out audits through all phases of the audit process from planning, audit fieldwork, developing recommendations and following up on these to ensure timely implementation. Perform specific audit activities or in certain circumstances individual audit assignments in accordance with Dutch Supervisory Board approved annual internal audit plan. Comply with audit procedures when planning, performing fieldwork and reporting on internal audit findings.
Perform internal audit activities in accordance with the internal audit methodology and as directed by the Dutch Supervisory Board. Perform internal audits or specific areas of an audit assignment in accordance with the requirements of the annual Internal Audit Plan and Quality standard. Assessing the effectiveness of the design and operation of internal controls across a range of financial and business processes and IT. Preparing the audit scope and detailed test plans. Documenting and reporting on the effectiveness of controls operation and testing. Preparing the development of written reports to management summarizing the assessment of controls and development of practical and sustainable recommendations to improve controls. Perform full audit activities on entities and processes as directed including compliance quality review and professional and technical standards. Participate in audit exit meetings and agree audit findings with relevant management and auditees during the performance of an audit. Draft internal audit recommendations to be included in audit reports. Assist with the monitoring of the implementation status of internal and external audit findings. Perform ad-hoc or management requested audits as required. Interacting with the business to build relationships. Supporting the established profile of internal audit by effectively performing duties. Support the maintenance of internal audit processes. To assist the Global Internal Audit Manager with the preparation of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree standard education and accounting qualification (RA; ACA; ACCA; CIMA or
- Previous Big 4 experience is desirable and/or professional experience in Internal
audit in a bank;
- Experience with different array of Audits e.g. financial audits, EDP audits and
- Risk aware and driven to add value;
- Self-starter and hands on;
- A working knowledge of internal auditing standards, and audit techniques;
- Ability to work on own initiative, and independently;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Good prioritization and time management skills;
- Flexible to changing business needs and adaptable to varied situations;
- Confidence to recommend and communicate required actions to all levels;
- Experience with audit data mining analytic tools.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package.